Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    More a case of Petter working with/for Citroen. Not a good comparison, Petter has never had the same resources, he can't change components every 5 minutes, he has to think of the next event and he has to give some return to his backers. Keep in mind also he had to help fund the last 2 or so rounds himself, not a comfortable position to be in. If he was in Hirvonen's situation I think Petter would be faster.
    Im quite sure that Citroen knows petters resourses, it's likely that they have an engineer to help him in the tests and allso in the events, so I belive they have knowledge about drivers potential much more than what only followers with limited or made up information has.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Citroen who has been working with him close now for some time dont seem to share your opinion.
    So why did they release Ogier? Loeb demanded to be a clear #1, It's not about who's the faster driver. Hirvonen would loose to both Petter and Ogier. Citroen needed a good 2'nd driver to stick to his role of helping Loeb. Both Ogier and Petter has the will and ability to beat Loeb

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    Why would Citroen and Loeb only commit for another 2 years? Surely they would like to extract further marketing revenue beyond this point? The DS3 will still be amazing!
    Because Europe is looking low growth or even a long term resession for the next 3-5 years so the marketing value of being in the WRC is quite insignificant since people won't by any cars.

There are rumous that MINI is already reacting to this low growth scenarion and won't participate in WRC rallies outside Europe in 2012 in an attempt to limit costs.

PS: Have a look at the PSA (Peugeot/Citroën) stock below and you will see that this decrease cannot continue without significant cost reductions.

PEUGEOT aktiekurs og graf
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Because Europe is looking low growth or even a long term resession for the next 3-5 years so the marketing value of being in the WRC is quite insignificant since people won't by any cars.

There are rumous that MINI is already reacting to this low growth scenarion and won't participate in WRC rallies outside Europe in 2012 in an attempt to limit costs.

PS: Have a look at the PSA (Peugeot/Citroën) stock below and you will see that this decrease cannot continue without significant cost reductions.

PEUGEOT aktiekurs og graf
    At last, a dose of realism.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gard
    So why did they release Ogier? Loeb demanded to be a clear #1, It's not about who's the faster driver. Hirvonen would loose to both Petter and Ogier. Citroen needed a good 2'nd driver to stick to his role of helping Loeb. Both Ogier and Petter has the will and ability to beat Loeb
    Nothing speaks for that petter would be faster than Hirvonen or Ogier, maybe you guys should wake up to reality, petter has been without contract for years now and avilable for what ever team, but nobody has been interested in him, thats a fact.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Indeed, looking for sponsors for his own team vs getting paid by Citroen. Which one could be better ... hmmm ...
    Seems like Citroen bosses rate Hirvonen higher

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    Why would Citroen and Loeb only commit for another 2 years? Surely they would like to extract further marketing revenue beyond this point? The DS3 will still be amazing!

If you are right it will be the end of Mikko's career; i can't imagine who would sign him after what is coming his way next year.
    Depends whether Loeb wants to keep going I guess!
    Can you imagine Citroen without a frenchman representing them? Maybe they shot themselves in the foot by being so faithful to Loeb...
    I agree though, I think the only manufacturers that will want to sign Mikko will be wanting a clear number 2 in their team...
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up: