Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Personally, I’m pretty sure we won’t see him again in 2024 and I’m not even 100% sure he’ll finish the season (I think he’ll but not 100% sure).

Don’t see how they can continue next year like this with M-Sport, all the more we know MSport can only be in the game financially during the first two years of a regulation.
    In addition to that, I don’t see why Toyota would take him in their situation. Rovanpera is the next big thing for the moment even if less impressive this year (take a look to the drivers with Rally1 experience and less than 32yo and you’ll understand the gap with his rest of his generation and even the former one); last team that tries the old fella and the young gun, it ends quite bad for their future (Citroen with Loeb/Ogier). All the more that he is whining all the time (with good reason or not). If they have not taken him in 2023, I don’t see any reason to take him in 2024; Rovanpera is great, Evans is a decent 2nd driver and you can have plenty of options in 3rd shared-car, especially when you’ve Ogier in the rotation if he decides to stay in this role.

Only possibility would be that they reunite forces with Hyundai because it was a mistake for him to leave Hyundai (the car was close to Toyota’s by the end of 2022 season and they have more means than Hyundai). Well, management has changed with Abiteboul and Demaison coming in but can they reunite really after what happened last year? And will Hyundai really want to take back Tanak with his external communication style? Well, not sure at all even if Neuville’s status could be questioned with his average results so far this season.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I can't see Tänak returning to Hyundai. Maybe to Toyota, but likely it's another M-Sport year at most and that's it.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Its amazing how tanak has made increasingly bad choices when it comes to teams. He had the toyota, if he stayed he could have been multiple champion by now.

Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Its amazing how tanak has made increasingly bad choices when it comes to teams. He had the toyota, if he stayed he could have been multiple champion by now.
    help me remember, was the switch to Hyundai due to big projects (wrc and rally2)/ money?

Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Exactly! Who are his advisers? He was winning both with TRG and H and left when cars were on up-wards trend. Not a single Rally with M-Sport without issues.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    This thread is like retro disco - all the old favorite songs are played again

7. Likes: cali (3rd June 2023),seb_sh (3rd June 2023),TypeR (3rd June 2023)
    Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    It wont be last time sadly

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    i still can see him going to Toyota, Evans is underperforming second year in a row and his contract is ending with this year.

Its a BIG if but i wouldnt rule it out.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    In this sport we all know never say never for anything is always possible, we've all been here long enough to never be surprised when somebody does something that we didn't think would happen.

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
    The guy is second in the standings and has the same amount of podiums and wins as Kalle. Obviously it's still gonna be a long stretch to win the title but what's all the doom and gloom about? Other teams/drivers aren't setting the world on fire this year either, maybe apart from Ogier.