Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    "Plus, i think what also MAY (just my thought) bother him is that Tommi doesnt make it clear who is the number one in the team. "
    I think Latvala and Meeke are smart and experienced enough to know their role in the team, no need to scream out loud "Tanak, you are no. 1"

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    I think Latvala and Meeke are smart and experienced enough to know their role in the team, no need to scream out loud "Tanak, you are no. 1"
    Both of them have taken PS points off Tanak this year on every rally except Sweden.
    Arguably only in Mexico and Argentina this resulted in Tanak dropping points relative to Neuville or Ogier.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Well, in Rally Sweden Suninen was leading, in Tour de Corse Evans was leading... You cannot say the drivers of M-Sport are better than those from other teams... So at this point, how can you fairly say the car is not as competitive as the others?
    I'm not saying the car isn't currently, it's only a few months on from being a title winning car and has one or two small updates since then.

As Mknight was saying, they usually fall away and only come back to the front when they introduce a new car/model. They won't bring a new car before 21/22 and the new regs are introduced, so could they continually develop and extract performance from the car for the next few years or will they hit a wall? Money is no objective atm for Toyota/Hyundai/Citroen compared to Msport, so if they pay Tanak a huge salary how are Msport meant to fund extra development as well as planning for the new regs? There would have to be a compromise somewhere, unless Ford come back in properly (which they won't), or Malcolm can secure title sponsorship from the Sheikh if Abu Dhabi return.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Both of them have taken PS points off Tanak this year on every rally except Sweden.
    took points and from his rivals,not only Tanak

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Judging by the numbers he could be offered 15-20 mil EUR/year at Toyota and probably something like 5-10 at MSport.
    Not claiming I would know what everybody's being paid, but 15-20M has to be completely out of the ballpark. Even with all the championship bonuses etc. the total amount is highly unlikely to exceed 10M.

If Miika Wuorela didn't get it completely wrong in this article, Ogier had to settle for base salary around 4M at M-Sport. And that was freaking Ogier.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

6. Likes: dimviii (2nd May 2019),pantealex (4th May 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    took points and from his rivals,not only Tanak
    Perhaps you should read the second sentence as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Not claiming I would know what everybody's being paid, but 15-20M has to be completely out of the ballpark. Even with all the championship bonuses etc. the total amount is highly unlikely to exceed 10M.

If Miika Wuorela didn't get it completely wrong in this article, Ogier had to settle for base salary around 4M at M-Sport. And that was freaking Ogier.
    I believe I saw the 15 mil when Toyota (and not Tommi) wanted Ogier, could have been wrong and M. Wuoerla likely has much better info. Note that he lists 9M for Ogier with bonuses at MSport.

Main point with the numbers was to illustrate the possible difference. Tänak is atm indespensable for Toyota, so I do believe they are ready to go quite high.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Note that he lists 9M for Ogier with bonuses at MSport.
    Yep, that's why I thought it's a safe bet that Tänak won't make ten, if Ogier, with basically all possible championship bonuses, gets nine. But we'll see. Surely Toyota can't afford to lose Tänak.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

10. Likes: pantealex (4th May 2019)
    Liked 456 Times in 107 Posts
    Arguably only in Mexico and Argentina this resulted in Tanak dropping points relative to Neuville or Ogier.
    To me it seems there is no need to overthink the PS - If you want to help your teammate, the best way is to push as hard as possible to finish before his rivals. The total amount of points is irrelevant, only thing that matters is how much more points you get compared to the rivals. A point removed from Ogier/Neuville is apoint gained for Tänak.

Yes, it would be perfect for teammates to finish before the rivals and right after him, but in reality it is not so easily done. In most cases you do not know the time of others, and even if you do, I imagine it to be quite impossible to time the finish exactly with desired result

12. Likes: dimviii (2nd May 2019)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kradovech View Post
    To me it seems there is no need to overthink the PS - If you want to help your teammate, the best way is to push as hard as possible to finish before his rivals. The total amount of points is irrelevant, only thing that matters is how much more points you get compared to the rivals. A point removed from Ogier/Neuville is apoint gained for Tänak.

Yes, it would be perfect for teammates to finish before the rivals and right after him, but in reality it is not so easily done. In most cases you do not know the time of others, and even if you do, I imagine it to be quite impossible to time the finish exactly with desired result
    @mknight

Kradovech wrote it better than me.
    Thereis no point to measure ps points,its not controlable at all.
    Sometimes wll benefit from their team mates,some times not.
    Also dont forget manufacture points ,when at ps you can gain a postion(or loose )