Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts

Ott Tänak - Future champion?

Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Tell me if I'm seeing things but Ott made a post on his social media that all Hyundai special edition merch is -30% (other merch will stay the same). Are they clearing their stock for a new manufacturer?
    Already after Finland, when he also had a discount sale but for all the stuff, a Belgian site speculated based on that fact that Tänak could be leaving

He has had A discount sale after every win this season but yeah interesting that this time only for Hyundai stuff
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: flat_right (25th August 2022)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Worse than that, the fact they posted on a ‘special’ announcement that they’re keeping things as they are doesn’t give me much confidence for their immediate future in the wrc but that’s for the Hyundai thread.
    We can really wondering what is going on with the main Hyundai WRC team and what the meaning is of the RedGrey Team (= Ott Tänak and Markko Märtin) is in the whole story. Could it possible that both Tänak and Märtin are also aiming at taking control of the main Hyundai WRC team?

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    We can really wondering what is going on with the main Hyundai WRC team and what the meaning is of the RedGrey Team (= Ott Tänak and Markko Märtin) is in the whole story. Could it possible that both Tänak and Märtin are also aiming at taking control of the main Hyundai WRC team?
    Interesting tought, actually.
    Markko Märtin as teamboss, how would that hit on the driver lineup?

Ott as nr1, but the rest?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Indeed that's a new idea (to me at least).

How much "managing" has Martin done at any point? (I have no idea, just asking). Might be a bit strange that a current (or former in that case) manager of the main driver will be team boss.

On the other hand at Toyota Latvala who was always managed by Jouhki is now the boss of Rovanpera also managed by Jouhki.

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that Hyundai wasn't happy with RedGrey, especially after problem with Sunninen's car in Finland, and the "works" Rally2 car would be run in-house. Sorry, but I can't find/remember where I read this...

Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-driven View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that Hyundai wasn't happy with RedGrey, especially after problem with Sunninen's car in Finland, and the "works" Rally2 car would be run in-house. Sorry, but I can't find/remember where I read this...
    Well. If they terminate that Redgrey deal, then i might believe that Tänak to M Sport stuff

8. Likes: cali (30th August 2022)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    So after all the clarifying and rumors we now have two complete opposites with Tanak leaving and Redgrey ending on one side and Redgrey+Martin taking over whole Hyundai.

10. Likes: cali (30th August 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

On the other hand at Toyota Latvala who was always managed by Jouhki is now the boss of Rovanpera also managed by Jouhki.
    Mäkinen was also managered by Jouhki

12. Likes: pantealex (31st August 2022)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    One thing I can not imagine - Märtin as a team boss == public face, giving interviews etc. Märtin is like shadow for media, he is somewhere, doing something, but mostly avoiding cameras.

Interesting idea anyway

14. Likes: tr4m (30th August 2022),WRC1 (30th August 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Märtin as a team boss is a no go.
    I don't think this idea will suit koreans as well the french speaking at HSMG.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk