Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Tänak delivers, but we should be realists like Tänak himself is.

Win in Finland - this was out of this world effort put into this win. Road position advantage over Rovanperä was helpful as well.

Win in Belgium - again proper effort, but at the same time, he took what was given - Rovanperä, Breen, Neuville out, Evans with penalty.

He said in one interview (I think for some Estonian media) - "we can see from PowerStages (from Finland and Belgium), that we lack from raw speed compared to Toyotas, but we have managed to win".
    agree almost 100%....just one thing, Breen´s out has nothing to do with Tanak´s win....Breen in his actual form is maybe a competitor to Katsuta or Solberg, but not for Tanak, Kalle, Evans or Neuville
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

2. Likes: AnttiL (23rd August 2022),cali (23rd August 2022),Corcaíoch (23rd August 2022),EstWRC (23rd August 2022),pantealex (24th August 2022)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Ogier lacked raw speed for 2 years at MSport and still won both championships.

So realistic yes, but Tanak talks like it's the end of the world everytime he is not winning every stage and leading by 40s after first day like he used to during that period at Toyota.

4. Likes: cali (23rd August 2022)
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

So realistic yes, but Tanak talks like it's the end of the world everytime he is not winning every stage and leading by 40s after first day like he used to during that period at Toyota.
    Just to make it clear, Tänak is not talking about raw speed at the stage end, he is talking about car not doing what he wants. Tänak has said himself that he would like to do those times more comfortably i.e. every time he steers he gets the expected result. Rally Finland was the purest example of that - Tänak going full send and matching the Toyota drivers. Neuville not trusting the car and admitting that "I know they will do those corners at full speed but I have no trust". So the car has (raw) speed but it it gives too much surprises.
    Last edited by flat_right; 23rd August 2022 at 13:29.

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

If you are capable of doing that(leading by 40s after 1st day) and car doesn't behave like it should, then ofc it makes driver angry. Cars can be changed better/faster, drivers on the other hand rather difficult.

One stage end comment explains the current i20 pretty well.. ,,I thought smth is broken at the rear, but then realised thar's just the car..''
    Hopefully the rear end update makes it better.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    One stage end comment explains the current i20 pretty well.. ,,I thought smth is broken at the rear, but then realised thar's just the car..''
    Hopefully the rear end update makes it better.
    you can see it here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RallyTroll/...2090453161139/

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Don’t know if someone noticed it but Moncet’s answer about Tanak’s contract situation sounds quite clear IMO: he probably has some sort of option like Ogier in 2019 to break his contract in exchange for a certain amount of money.

Maybe it is what is playing M-Sport but it would need a serious help (Red Bull?) to do it and to convince the car can still be developed.
    And I’m still not convinced it would be a good plan for Tanak to go to M-Sport.
    Don’t think Toyota is in the game: would be quite a non-sense for the team to add internal competition to Rovanpera with the risk of messing up everything whereas the situation is good right now.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 23rd August 2022 at 19:29.

Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Tell me if I'm seeing things but Ott made a post on his social media that all Hyundai special edition merch is -30% (other merch will stay the same). Are they clearing their stock for a new manufacturer?

10. Likes: cali (25th August 2022),EstWRC (25th August 2022)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Tell me if I'm seeing things but Ott made a post on his social media that all Hyundai special edition merch is -30% (other merch will stay the same). Are they clearing their stock for a new manufacturer?
    Worse than that, the fact they posted on a ‘special’ announcement that they’re keeping things as they are doesn’t give me much confidence for their immediate future in the wrc but that’s for the Hyundai thread.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Worse than that, the fact they posted on a ‘special’ announcement that they’re keeping things as they are doesn’t give me much confidence for their immediate future in the wrc but that’s for the Hyundai thread.
    I think that's more a question of wanting to put as much space as possible between themselves and Eric Boullier

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Yes, so can we make some presumptions?
    I think it's wise for Tänak/Järveoja fans to start purchasing TGR merchandise

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk