Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Markko knows 1-2 person(s) in Toyota with whom Tänak had poor relations but he don't want to give public comment to make a fuzz about it.
    The relations were the biggest reason for Tänak to leave. Same goes with Lappi at the end of 2018.

2. Likes: EstWRC (27th November 2019)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Lastly, Ott, I am happy like myself that you finally achieved your dream, becoming World Rally Champion. Myself and Toyota are very proud of helping to achieve it.
    Unlike Mr. Tomoyama (President, GAZOO Racing Company), I have not been good at climbing the podium, but you taught me how to do it in Finland last year. Thanks to you, I could see the view from the top of the podium and get to know how sticky the champagne is. I really appreciated it.

I think your decision, “After achieving the goal, I want a new challenge with different environment”, is simply amazing. You will become Toyota’s rival next year. For us, having a strong rival is big motivation to move forward.
    Because you have taught me how to stand on the top of the podium and how to open champagne bottles well, I can shower the champagne to you from higher position when we see each other the next time. See you again on the podium!

https://toyotagazooracing.com/releas...c/1127-01.html
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Lastly, Ott, I am happy like myself that you finally achieved your dream, becoming World Rally Champion. Myself and Toyota are very proud of helping to achieve it.
    Unlike Mr. Tomoyama (President, GAZOO Racing Company), I have not been good at climbing the podium, but you taught me how to do it in Finland last year. Thanks to you, I could see the view from the top of the podium and get to know how sticky the champagne is. I really appreciated it.

I think your decision, “After achieving the goal, I want a new challenge with different environment”, is simply amazing. You will become Toyota’s rival next year. For us, having a strong rival is big motivation to move forward.
    Because you have taught me how to stand on the top of the podium and how to open champagne bottles well, I can shower the champagne to you from higher position when we see each other the next time. See you again on the podium!

https://toyotagazooracing.com/releas...c/1127-01.html
    yeap i mentioned that when i read it.
    Imho i wouldnt said that.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    yep, sounds odd
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Ok, let's assume Jouhki lied. What is the reason behind it?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Ott Tänak - Future champion?

Here we go, Mäkinen finally replies to the Märtin interview

https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11090636

Mäkinen mostly just says "I don't know, I don't understand, I haven't heard anything like that, I don't recognize myself from that"

Then there is Riku Tahko, ex-driver, who is often used as an "expert" with YLE sports. He believes firmly that the R5 business was the main reason in the debate, although Märtin claimed otherwise.

Mäkinen also says the Toyota R5 project is "not even decided yet" and "if it comes, it will be at least two years in the making". Tahko says it's down to the current base model not being suitable.

Oh, and by the way, Timo Jouhki is not interviewed!
    Last edited by AnttiL; 28th November 2019 at 06:47.

8. Likes: Allez Andruet (28th November 2019),dimviii (28th November 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    ...yet!
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

10. Likes: pantealex (28th November 2019)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Mäkinen mostly just says "I don't know, I don't understand, I haven't heard anything like that, I don't recognize myself from that"
    He may play blind, or he is blind, or it's just required PR to keep things calm. Rises a question, is he aware of situation or not. I got some feeling from this, that if Tänak wanted some changes with car he didn't get those (fast enough).

Then there is Riku Tahko, ex-driver, who is often used as an "expert" with YLE sports. He believes firmly that the R5 business was the main reason in the debate, although Märtin claimed otherwise.
    Märtin seems to me really direct and nofilter guy, he do not say a lot, but if he do, he says what he thinks with hitting and hurting truth. I don't know anything about Riku Tahko person, but if person only talking about believes, it's called religion. Arguments are not important there.

I don't know situation in Finland but previously - was he running to media more himself or he was "easy-to-call" to get some clickbiters to newsfeed?
    Last edited by meh; 28th November 2019 at 06:58.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I don't know situation in Finland but previously - was he running to media more himself or he was "easy-to-call" to get some clickbiters to newsfeed?
    I'd say easy to call, but I just mentioned that because I've heard accusations that Finnish rally media is just ramblings of Jouhki

Liked 25 Times in 8 Posts
    I think what a good media would do is get phone call to Tommi and ask directly from tommi not publishing some so called experts toughts - just for advise.

I thought that Estonian media is only rubbish but its worldwide.