Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Listened to the interview with Tänak by Jaan Martinson, it draws a so good picture how Ott communicates with what interviews, With dirtfish or with Delfi he is a different person. With Martinson everything is forced and ironic, but with dirtfish he answers more freely and honest

Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    Listened to the interview with Tänak by Jaan Martinson, it draws a so good picture how Ott communicates with what interviews, With dirtfish or with Delfi he is a different person. With Martinson everything is forced and ironic, but with dirtfish he answers more freely and honest
    Yeah, I don't know what's the thing between Ott vs Martinson. I already just get chills from pressing the play button because I know what's coming.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    Just to point out that Martinson works for Delfi

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

4. Likes: flat_right (19th January 2023)
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Just to point out that Martinson works for Delfi

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    My wording was a little bit confusing, i meant with Delfi/Martinson he is different when talking with any reporter from dirtfish

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Got it! Yes indeed, with Martinson he just gives random answers and it's clear to see how difficult it is for him to stay professional and I don't blame him. Martinson is a tool!

Liked 148 Times in 42 Posts
    I wouldn't say Delfi, I'd say Martinson specifically, because his interviews with Peep Pahv are always better. I've actually stopped looking Martinson's interviews and every time I see It's Martinson who's attending the rally, I feel dissapointed. Ott and him obviously don't have a good relationship and I think it comes down to the questions Martinson asks. They are 90% of the time completely pointless. Asking about emotions, like "How are you feeling?", "Are you afraid that X will do Y...", "Can you beat X?", etc. Ott doesn't do emotions, he clearly hates these type of questions. I'd call them low effort questions.

If you look at Ott's interviews with Molly at the stage ends, it always depends on what she asks. If she asks about technical question, Ott gives proper answers, but when she asks "How was it/how are you feeling" or any other question of that type, especially after a bad stage, you can clearly see the annoyance in his face and that's when the sarcasm leaks out.

Low effort questions = low effort answers, simple as that.

That's why Kalev Kruus has nailed every single Betsafe year-end interview he's done with Ott. He asks detailed questions, questions that took some effort to come up with.

8. Likes: cali (12th February 2023)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr4m View Post
    If you look at Ott's interviews with Molly at the stage ends, it always depends on what she asks. If she asks about technical question, Ott gives proper answers, but when she asks "How was it/how are you feeling" or any other question of that type, especially after a bad stage, you can clearly see the annoyance in his face and that's when the sarcasm leaks out.
    I would disagree. One example is "where did the puncture happen", meaning how long he had to go with that, and the answer was "what do you think, in the stage!".

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Yep, he is always a bit of a jerk when talking to Molly, no idea why.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    He's not at Raikkonen level yet.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Yep, he is always a bit of a jerk when talking to Molly, no idea why.
    He seems to be a bit of a jerk when talking to anyone really.