Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Sounds a good possibility that Makinen heard how uphappy Ogier was at Citroen (with the car) and so didnt rush to sign Tanak knowing he could replace him if necessary.

Tanak's criticism of the TMR team car's problems also must've upset Tommi a bit.

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Emn.. BS. Tänak was really calm and quiet about the car until the ECU problem this year.. It was basically the first/only times he said anything about the car and it was about that it is quite hard to fight fot the title, when problems like this still happen.
    VS
    One of the few technical problems Ogier had this year and his wifey bursts out some dumb stuff

3. Likes: Augury (25th November 2019),EstWRC (25th November 2019),pantealex (26th November 2019),Tauri_J (26th November 2019)
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Toyota don't need Red Bull money to run their motorsport programs. Toyota has their Gazoo Racing livery both rally and circuit, surely there will never be as massive RB logos on Toyota as they had on Citroen and M-Sport Ford.

5. Likes: reff92 (25th November 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Tanak's criticism of the TMR team car's problems also must've upset Tommi a bit.
    If Tommi tolerated Latvala's onboard bursts in Poland and Finland 2017, I'm sure he didn't bother that much for Tänak's quite mild statements.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

7. Likes: pantealex (26th November 2019)
    Liked 41 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Thanks EstWRC!

That was a candid interview, now let's just wait if Mäkinen and/or Jouhki want to counter attack... get ya popcorns ready!
    When is the last time we have seen a passionate outburst from Makinen? I'm pretty confident there won't be any. For example lately in Japan he continued to spoke in normal Tommi style. Yet, would be amazed if TMR/MMM&OT will do some co-operation after this. Maybe TMR even might do, but MMM&OT pretty sure have decided that they won't re-start co-operation in any format.

What comes to Jouhki, Jouhki money has given hard time to many up and coming drivers from 90's onwards and it's clear that many of those drivers does not appreciate what the pay driver approach effect to drivers market has done. Nevertheless money has always had some role in drivers market.

But good interview with Markko, thanks for translating EstWRC!

Especially the points below feel interesting and would be nice to hear more from Markko, what he meant with those in practise. Maybe Delfi could do an additional interview.

So what happened with the Toyota team? There were a lot of rumors about how things got worse over time and people started to leave. How much did it all affect?

Last year was a small crisis for the team and the environment hasn't been the easiest...

So the Toyota team lacked a bit...

Everything is relative. If you don't want to win titles, you don't have to set anything. If you want the best for your team, you can do it differently.

What made you realize that the Mäkinen team doesn't really want to keep Tänak in their team?

I can't say there was only one thing, but you can see if they really are behind you and do the maximum for you. You can sense how the rallies are planned and whether this vision is the same or different.

9. Likes: dnb (26th January 2020)
    It seemed that in the second half of the season - but maybe before - the relations between Tänak and Mäkinen were not the best.

I can't comment on that.

This can be the only explanation.

Liked 37 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    It seemed that in the second half of the season - but maybe before - the relations between Tänak and Mäkinen were not the best.

I can't comment on that.

This can be the only explanation.
    That was not actually what he was saying, that was a bad translation unfortunately. Basically what he was trying to say was ''I don't know anything about that.''

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    That was not actually what he was saying, that was a bad translation unfortunately. Basically what he was trying to say was ''I don't know anything about that.''
    So he knows all about the situation but doesn't know how relations were between Tanak and Makinen ?

Sure.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Look at Tänak arriving in SP after his victories, rally ADAC for example. Things might have gotten a bit cooler after that contract thing in September though.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    In so sensitive and explosive interview most of the meaning may come from HOW it was said.

This "I can't comment on that" is not "I know but I can not say it for you", but from estonian media I would explain it with "I have not heard anything about this" / "I don't know what are you talking about".

At the same time he probably don't want to wash dirty underwear in media and burn some bridges, in case there is some still left to burn.