Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    SX4 Huge fail. Focus and 206 had very good debuts. Skoda and Hyundai also a fail. But about the Focus u can say they were always in rallying from Mini-BMW it's really out of the box although Prodrive had the Subaru program 2 years ago still.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    2011 WRC

HOT:
    Hänninen winning SWRC
    New cars proved to be both spectacular and fast
    Mini's tarmac pace
    Citroen's internal tensions, racing not only in stages, some politics involved
    Latvala's speed - especially on tarmac
    Paddon winning PWRC
    Many nice fights in many rallies
    Polo R WRC

NOT
    Jordan logistical problems
    Mikko's lack of speed
    Rally Argentina roadbook page 55
    Rally Argentina magic rock (moving all by itself to the middle of the road)
    Citroen's actions towards Petter
    To some extent Rally Finland's route, nice in some aspects but proved to be little too much, time running out on very long liasion sections (from spectator's point of view)
    The clear slowing of customer cars after rally Sweden
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Hot:
    New tracking service by NOKIA :-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Hot:
    New tracking service by NOKIA :-)
    Ah, true, forgot that one!

I wish they could release as a web-version too... Proved to be totally incredible during NORF, my cousin had it on his Nokia, splits were updating extremely fast and the tracking map was also excellent, it brought a totally new aspect to the rally while watching it live. On SS8, two minutes had passed and no sign of Ketomaa. Then looking the map, he was stopped. Thanks to very extensive data networks in Finland, it worked like a dream all the way through the rally. Like a small rally studio in the middle of the forest, accompanied by YLE's rally radio.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    After quite a few lists already things starts get repeated, but here's my list anyway:

H.O.T.
    - VW Polo R WRC - very good to have a serious contender coming into the mix
    - Latvala's pace and all the time improving reliabilty. Had it not been for the unfortunate middle third of the season he would've achieved something he would've deserved.
    - The next generation finally coming to prove themselves with actual results: Mikkelsen's IRC title, Neuville's two victories in classic rallies and of course Tänak attack! And there is more to come!
    - New WRC cars bringing in more interest.
    - Hänninen's SWRC title
    - Mini's tarmac pace especially in France - hopefully we'll see more in the future
    - Joonas Lindroos' getting the VW Fabia seat for Finland. Unfortunately it didn't work out at all.
    - Many tights rallies in WRC and IRC.
    - IRC Zlín was literally HOT! Nothing beats the atmosphere at "autobusak"!
    - Meeting new friendly fans at stages.
    - And not to forget this forum and its members - it's informative, active - and annoying - almost like it would be real.

N.O.T.
    - Tactics and team orders, too much of them. Whole Hirvonen for the championship was so fundamentally paradoxal that it didn't stop amazing and amusing me, though of course I understood the point. Also, Latvala and Ogier falling to play with tactics in Finland, and Loeb bite them back and won. After that I've appreciated Loeb far more (as opposed to before when Loeb "just was" for me).
    - 0,2 seconds in Jordan.
    - Overall shadow of doubt for the future of sport that keeps hanging around. Of course it's little the teams (and manufactures) can do in this current economical climate, but I want more. Also it must said that WRC's current media exposure isn't at 2011 standards. At least they should put some power on their website, give us more live picture, tracking systems, etc. Though WRR I like!

There must be more hots and nots, but I can't squeeze out anything more at the moment.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 2,841 Times in 1,614 Posts
    HOT:
    This topic (credits to you N.O.T. - I might put you off the ignore list soon)
    NORF
    NORF
    NORF
    WRC is slowly coming back as a worthy world motorsport serie.
    VW in
    The new fast youngsters
    Live powerstages

N.O.T:
    Some tourist drivers
    Starting system and tactics
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    H.O.T.
    1 - IRC's live coverage of Monte Carlo. I had to watch the cached versions on EuroSport's website, but what a great nine or so hours of broadcasting!
    2 - Closest season in a long time; if it takes infighting and team orders to happen I don't think that's a bad thing. Rally's about strategy as well as driving.
    3 - MINI. After Prodrive's struggles with the Impreza I didn't have much hope for the Countryman to be any better than Suzuki's foray into the WRC.
    3.5 - Sordo's pace with the MINI.
    4 - All the attention VW is getting with their plans to enter the WRC. Along with MINI it would be nice to see more competitive makers.
    5 - iRally's coverage at WRC and IRC events. Consistent coverage, good previews and I can listen at work the headphones on.
    6 - Driver swap rumors. Like wife swapping minus the 'eew' fator.
    N.O.T.
    1 - Monte Carlo moving back to the WRC. Next year we get a daylight schedule with one or two runs after sundown. At least one is over Turini.
    2 - Having an expired passport and not enough time to leave the country to attend an event. And only two local events within 500 miles to drive to.
    3 - Complaints about Matt Wilson. They're years old and not clever enough to be worth repeating (other than that one about M Sport's new Finnish talent Matti Vilsainamoinen).
    4 - Some flame-baiting by the eponymous poster. All in fun, I guess.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    [quote="Gregor-y"]H.O.T.

2 - Closest season in a long time; if it takes infighting and team orders to happen I don't think that's a bad thing. Rally's about strategy as well as driving.
    [quote]

you were not around in 2009 were you ???

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    HOT:
    This topic (credits to you N.O.T. - I might put you off the ignore list soon)
    do not please...

Liked 2,841 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Of course not. My mistake.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...