Thread: i miss jag

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i miss jag

hi does anybody on the board like / hate jaguar racing ?
    what about all the managers they had luada and rahal / parry jones / pitchford
    if you had run the team which manager of the team would you have kept from the above list ? anybody like irvine ??? what about his salary 30 million for 3 years ?? was that not a bit much ?
    irvine / herbert / burti / de la rosa / who was the best ??? or worst ???

just want to chat with others about what they think of jaguar

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguarmemories
    Hi does anybody on the board like / hate Jaguar Racing ?
    What about all the managers they had Lauda and Rahal / Parry Jones / Pitchford
    If you had run the team which manager of the team would you have kept from the above list? Anybody like Irvine ??? What about his salary 30 million for 3 years ?? Was that not a bit much ?
    Irvine / Herbert / Burti / De la Rosa, who was the best ??? or worst ???

Just want to chat with others about what they think of Jaguar
    If you look at your keyboard at bottom left you will see a key with an arrow pointing upwards. In future can I ask you to please press it at the same time as you type the first letter of a a sentence or a person's name. It makes it so so much easier for people to understand what you are writing.

Having got that off my chest, I think Irvine was the best driver available to Jaguar. And they had to pay the market rate for his services. What is a far more significant question is how did they fail to build on the sound foundation that the Stewart team had created? 4th in 1999 in the final season as Stewart and 9th in 2000 as Jaguar. I don't know who their first team manager was, but he must shoulder a lot of the blame.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    How do I feel about Jaguar Racing? Guess.

Irvine was entertaining and I suppose he was my favorite driver from that effort. But what I miss most is Jaguar in the prototype category at Le Mans. IMO, that is where Jaguar belongs. That's where the legend was made.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    The Jaguar Racing F1 Team was bought by Red Bull as a going concern by Red Bull. They've done pretty well for themselves with a new masthead.
    The Jaguar R6 became the Red Bull RB1 upon the sale.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    How do I feel about Jaguar Racing? Guess.

Irvine was entertaining and I suppose he was my favorite driver from that effort. But what I miss most is Jaguar in the prototype category at Le Mans. IMO, that is where Jaguar belongs. That's where the legend was made.
    Valid point. The sports prototypes were real Jaguars originating in Brown's Lane while the F1 team was the organisation that Jackie Stewart sold to Ford who named it after their Jaguar subsidiary. Perhaps the heavy corporate hand of Ford is the reason for the lack of success of the F1 team.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.