Page 658 of 747 FirstFirst ... 158558608648656657658659660668708 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 7466
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
    Then it might be like this with the Rally1-car as well, to some extent. If so we might have some crashes coming from Solberg and Tänak...
    why Solberg and Tänak?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 25 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    why Solberg and Tänak?
    Tänak because he pushes the machinery to the max. If the car then does something funny and unexpected, there is a chance for some off's. Solberg because he is still trying to find himself in these cars. He pushes when he shouldn't, and if he doesn't he's frustrated for not having the pace. So he goes out and pushes. In Catalunia he showed that he can calm down, but he wasn't fast. I hope he will find some effortless and controlled pace, first sign maybe in Sweden?

Tänak because he pushes the machinery to the max. If the car then does something funny and unexpected, there is a chance for some off's. Solberg because he is still trying to find himself in these cars. He pushes when he shouldn't, and if he doesn't he's frustrated for not having the pace. So he goes out and pushes. In Catalunia he showed that he can calm down, but he wasn't fast. I hope he will find some effortless and controlled pace, first sign maybe in Sweden?
    how many crashes Tänak has had during these 2 years?

after Catalunya crash youre acting here like he does it all the time. The last crash he had before Catalunya was Monte 2020!

but anyway its off-topic and we dont even know for who the new car will suit or not
    Last edited by EstWRC; 22nd October 2021 at 08:30.

after Catalunya crash youre acting here like he does it all the time. The last crash he had before Catalunya was Monte 2020!

but anyway its off-topic and we dont even know for who the new car will suit or not
    I didn't mean to step on your toes, I'm a fan of Tänak! But he has crashed more than Ogier/Evans/Neuville, and what has happened after his move to the Hyundai is probably because the car doesn't suit him. Or is somewhat unpredictable. I hope the Rally1 car is more to his liking.

I didn't mean to step on your toes, I'm a fan of Tänak! But he has crashed more than Ogier/Evans/Neuville, and what has happened after his move to the Hyundai is probably because the car doesn't suit him. Or is somewhat unpredictable. I hope the Rally1 car is more to his liking.
    Evans crashed in Monza 2020 and Safari 2021, Ogier in Arctic 2021, Neuville last year in Estonia and Monza, thats two compared only to Tänaks one crash in 2020.

i dont really see much of a difference TBH, only the fact that Ogier has had only one mistake.

but ok this is my last post here about this.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 22nd October 2021 at 09:00.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts

Estonia 2021

Evans crashed in Monza 2020 and Safari 2021, Ogier in Arctic 2021, Neuville last year in Estonia and Monza, thats two compared only to Tänaks one crash in 2020.

i dont really see much of a difference TBH, only the fact that Ogier has had only one mistake.

but ok this is my last post here about this.
    I checked, and I agree. During the last 2 years there isn't much difference between them when it comes to crashing.

But my point that really was the one I was trying to make remains. Of Neuville, Tänak, Sordo and Solberg, and if the Rally1 car retains the handling characteristics of the WRC or some other twitchy handling flaw, I believe Solberg and Tänak will suffer the most. The Rally1 is supposed to be less complicated and more like the Rally2 without active diffs, and since Neuville has been unhappy with the direction (which might point to him having problems adjusting) it might be Tänak who is able to use the new Beast the most. It will be an exciting year!

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Continuing this one in the Rally1 thread. So this is posted both places, but continue here
    https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...34#post1285534

Yes, and that makes the Rally1 more fun to watch then what WRC is now (on tarmac at least). A bit less advanced and elegant though.

But, what I meant was if a car starts to understeer in the middle of the corner, with loaded up suspension, something is very wrong. Seems like suspension and drivetrain are working against each other.
    And in my book this is good. A top class car in either of the motorsports should be very hard to handle. It should be a good gap between Rally1 and Rally2. A youngster with little experience should not be able to hop into a Rally1 car and be able to match the best drivers in the world.

I am guessing the Rally2 cars has ca 300 hp, and Rally1 maybe 400+100 hp. Then the Rally1 should be a handful to master when all 500 horses gallop at once, and the drivetrain makes it even harder to master these machines. If they have a bit less aero as well, we are moving in the right direction.

Hopefully the new spaceframe is made strong enough to protect the crew when and if they loose against in the battle against the machine.

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Continuing this one in the Rally1 thread. So this is posted both places, but continue here
    https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...34#post1285534

And in my book this is good. A top class car in either of the motorsports should be very hard to handle. It should be a good gap between Rally1 and Rally2. A youngster with little experience should not be able to hop into a Rally1 car and be able to match the best drivers in the world.

I am guessing the Rally2 cars has ca 300 hp, and Rally1 maybe 400+100 hp. Then the Rally1 should be a handful to master when all 500 horses gallop at once, and the drivetrain makes it even harder to master these machines. If they have a bit less aero as well, we are moving in the right direction.

Hopefully the new spaceframe is made strong enough to protect the crew when and if they loose against in the battle against the machine.
    Be careful. When something is more primitive it doesn't automatically mean also harder to drive. The more primitive cars have an advantage that they usually behave very predictable albeit less efficient.

Also the new Rally1 are technically closer to the Rally2 than the current generation of WRC cars (except for the hybrid boost of course). I don't see why it shall be more difficult for Rally2 drivers to switch to them than now.

Third thing is that this limited electric boost is something which may suit more the young "PC gamers" than the old. We'll see.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Well with Solans retiring in Hungary reliability certainly isn't a strong point of the new Hyundai.

As mentioned Polo wasn't exactly very reliable at first either, but it was fast. The only win the new Hyundai has so far is a 2nd tier Italian rally afaik.

11. Likes: pantealex (23rd October 2021)