Page 40 of 747 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140540 ... LastLast
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I watched the video yesterday on full screen and tried to get clear of the speedometer. The speedometer is so bright that’s difficult but imo I saw 179 km/h at some stage. I’m far from sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Don't forget that both Fiesta WRC/RRC and S2000 are technically S2000 cars. Both is built under same regulations (there was an evolution to the 1.6T engine but the rule basis is still same). Sure the parts differ but that doesn't mean those are some fundamental differences rather than evolutions of same ideas. If we speak about "new" Fiesta S2000 which is called RRC and WRC than both is virtually same except few minor differences. The running cost of RRC and WRC must be almost same in my opinion (judging from engine rebuild price available on M-Sport webpage it's cca 3,5x more than for Fabia S2000!).
    I haven’t forgot that WRC/RRC are cars built based on S2000 regulations. In the case where I said the amount of different parts of R5 should be compared to the Fiesta S2000 I meant the Fiesta S2000 NA. As Loriaux said there aren’t many parts common between the Fiesta WRC and the Fiesta S2000 NA although they’re both built by the same regulations. Evolutions of parts as you said Mirek.

If FIA have strict price for costs maybe the developers can still squeeze some cost compared to the S2000 NA cars.

M-Sport confirms it is building a Ford Fiesta R5 car - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com

“The R5 will be based on the 1.6 turbo Fiesta ST road car and use a lot of the design knowledge and experience generated from the S2000 and the World Rally Car. At the same time, it will be a new car with new engine, transmission, roll cage, fuel tank, electronics, all complying with the strict FIA regulations on design and costs.”

Imo the best way to control the prices of cars and spare parts would be to obligate the companies to put the prices on their websites as it would be more transparent.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    The new Fiesta front actually looks a lot like the Abarth Grande Punto!

No testing on the 208 T16 yet?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    No testing on the 208 T16 yet?
    Its testing all the time.
    They are just doing things a lot more privately than M-Sport

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    an interesting article about the 208 t16 ans the r5 category in general.

"the 208 t16 will be much faster then 207 s2000":

Google Übersetzer

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    "One of the main differences between R5 and Super 2000 is the fact that one has the R5 significantly less opportunity to homologate parts again. One can not bring annual Evostufe of the chassis or the engine, "says Peugeot Sport Director Bruno Famin. "The car has to be good from the start, and therefore we will wait with the homologation even until the last minute. And when we realize that it is better for the 1st to the Wait to January 2014, then we will not hesitate to move the appointment. The first shot has to sit really, because after the homologation you have to live with what you have. "

Does anybody here got an idea what is this supposed to mean? No updates at all; no updates on engine peripherals; no updates on engine block only?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    That means the number of jokers is very much limited. I'm now on ski and have no will to search for exact rules but compared to the S2000 which were already quite a lot limited by rules the R5 will be much more tied to the original homologation. The idea is that it will help to keep cost down. I'm not convinced about that though.

Anyway I'm sure this topic was discussed several times here on forum.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    "One can not bring annual Evostufeof the chassis or the engine,....
    As you remember (Rally car tech stuff) also the current RRC (S2000) / WRC cars, they have to use them for three years before any major new homologations. Maybe there are also more restrictions for R5 how often VO, ER homologations are allowed.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Have FIA started to think like CIK, that are making 3 year cycluses on chassis and engines. So little or no change during a 3 year homologation periode.

Could be a way to do business in R5 as well. Homologation period 2014-2016 for instance?