Page 247 of 747 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 7467
    Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    From Germany: ROMO team bought a 208 T16, and Nico Leschorn(son of the team' boss)will drive it in german rallies championship this season

2. Likes: HaCo (6th February 2015)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    ...however he usually brings the results in wherever Skoda send him so I am sure it is mutually beneficial for them to stay together.
    Agree, but on the other hand I think he is now in better shape than in WRC era, or IRC era. Cooperation with Dresler made him even faster. I have been wondering for last 3 years what it would be if Kopecky will drive against Prokop somewhere. In my opinion Kopecky is better, but just my personal opinion.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    From Germany: ROMO team bought a 208 T16, and Nico Leschorn(son of the team' boss)will drive it in german rallies championship this season
    German championship will be interesting this year. Some R5/S2000 cars (in 2014 there were hardly any), Mark Wallenwein back, and not only fighting between Zeltner and Gassner jun.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    Agree, but on the other hand I think he is now in better shape than in WRC era, or IRC era. Cooperation with Dresler made him even faster. I have been wondering for last 3 years what it would be if Kopecky will drive against Prokop somewhere. In my opinion Kopecky is better, but just my personal opinion.
    Kopecký is definitely faster than Prokop on asphalt. On gravel maybe not but I wouldn't be surprised if he was faster there too. The other thing is that Prokop has huge experience with WRC events which Kopecký doesn't have. Of course the same goes the opposite way about the events Kopecký knows and Prokop not. Anyway if they would ever met on a neutral soil I would bet on Kopecký.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: cali (5th February 2015),marcosg (5th February 2015),pantealex (10th February 2015)
    Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Kopecký is definitely faster than Prokop on asphalt. On gravel maybe not but I wouldn't be surprised if he was faster there too. The other thing is that Prokop has huge experience with WRC events which Kopecký doesn't have. Of course the same goes the opposite way about the events Kopecký knows and Prokop not. Anyway if they would ever met on a neutral soil I would bet on Kopecký.
    Agree with both of you and I would say Kopecky way faster then Prokop (btw have they ever met, do we have any comparison form Czech Championship or somewhere else?). Obviously Prokop has the knowledge of current WRC events and quite a experience, but he is not improving. His only good results come from consistency so from time to time he'll get top 5 place. If, like someone wrote, Kopecky doesn't have any WRC ambitions then it's fine. He can another 10 ERC campaigns or win some African/South America titles. But I would like to see him in competetive car in some WRC events.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Last time I remember Kopecký and Prokop in the same event was IRC Barum rally 2009 where Kopecký drove works Fabia S2000 and Prokop works Peugeot 207 S2000 (he was chosen as BFG driver for the event).

Here is Prokop's stats from the event (5th overall, only two stages in top 3 and two offs): http://ewrc-results.com/driver_info....ally-Zlin-2009
    Here is Kopecký's stats from the event (victory and 7 stage wins): http://ewrc-results.com/driver_info....ally-Zlin-2009

For Prokop it was his first ever S2000 start but still the difference was really big.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: Andre Oliveira (5th February 2015)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Another vote for Kopecky over Prokop.. I also agree on Liposh' point about Dresler. I think they have won the majority of events which they started together.

I would like to see Kopecky in the Fabia R5 on one or two WRC events to see what he could do, Deutschland or Catalunya for example where he was fast even with the Fabia WRC.

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Have you heard that the Swedish Mitsubishi R5 didn't get the homologation? The creators of this project must be very disappointed.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    While I'm sorry for them, I can't say I'm surprised. Just looking at the car, it looks like a 'home made special'. And not a car for International events.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Have you heard that the Swedish Mitsubishi R5 didn't get the homologation? The creators of this project must be very disappointed.
    In their official Facebook this is what they say:

Following its brief appraisal outing two weeks ago, the car is going through a process of technical accreditation. This has included a visit by representatives of the SBF (Svenska Bilsportförbundet - the governing body for Motorsport in Sweden), who are now assessing the information. The technical accreditation will enable the Mitsubishi R5 to enter national events as part of its planned development programme.
    We want to start the test and development programme as soon as possible and entered this weekend’s opening round of the Swedish Rally Championship in advance of the technical accreditation being completed - just in case we had the opportunity to run the car. Whilst there was nothing wrong from a technical perspective, we have to wait for the paperwork to be signed off, so we are now planning to enter the next round of the Swedish Championship.
    The first test (see video below) surpassed our expectations in every way. Other than a couple of small tweaks the car ran perfectly from the moment it was started to the moment we put it back on the trailer – and that’s not just a PR sound bite, it’s what really happened. We were particularly pleased with the performance of the Öhlins suspension that has been developed especially for the Mitsubishi R5. This was only the first test, so we know there’s much more to come from the car.
    Development work is scheduled to recommence next week.