Page 147 of 747 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 7467
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: R5 News

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Quote Originally Posted by had_zachau
    Hmm, that doesn't look and sound that impressive like the older videos. Maybe it's just the way it's filmed on a mobile phone or something similar but still.

In this moment if I as a spectator should choose S2000 or R5 I take S2000 any day...
    Agree, although it sounds quite cool in this video:

http://bandy3.rajce.idnes.cz/Test_Skoda ... 12_004.jpg

It already sounds a little more refined in terms of gear change e.t.c. than the Peugeot..

Looking forward to seeing more videos.

Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by had_zachau
    Hmm, that doesn't look and sound that impressive like the older videos. Maybe it's just the way it's filmed on a mobile phone or something similar but still.

In this moment if I as a spectator should choose S2000 or R5 I take S2000 any day...
    +10 (!!!!) agree
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts

5speed box is a rule written in regulations... I think they make it to cut the costs (not much) and to differ R5 cars from WRC/RRC.
    Top speed is similar like medium/long in S2000, 177kmh in Fiesta for example.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv
    What is the idea behind 5-speed gearbox for R5?
    Good question. I can't think that it saves that much money and it just makes them slower and less spectacular.
    I imagine it's not that simple. Yes, it is more simple mechanics and less prone to defects, but I wonder in what degree it affects engnine mileage durability - with 5-speeds engnine spends less time in high revs (probably depends on the stages charecteristics anyway), the acceleration curve is not that agile, thus it is "gentle" to the engine and rebuild costs of it decrease significantly. Just my guesses
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by br21
    5speed box is a rule written in regulations... I think they make it to cut the costs (not much) and to differ R5 cars from WRC/RRC.
    Top speed is similar like medium/long in S2000, 177kmh in Fiesta for example.
    only 177km/h for a turbo motor? why so short? how many rpm are they allowed for maximum?

7500rpms max. as for now only one set of gears and one drop gear homologated.

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv
    I imagine it's not that simple. Yes, it is more simple mechanics and less prone to defects, but I wonder in what degree it affects engnine mileage durability - with 5-speeds engnine spends less time in high revs (probably depends on the stages charecteristics anyway), the acceleration curve is not that agile, thus it is "gentle" to the engine and rebuild costs of it decrease significantly. Just my guesses
    I tend to disagree partly. Bigger steps between gears are not so good for gearbox and transmission durability (hence why Citroën kept using 6-speed gearbox in C4 where it wasn't needed at all for the engine characteristics).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by br21
    7500rpms max. as for now only one set of gears and one drop gear homologated.
    Can You compare running cost of Fiesta R5 and Fiesta S2000? For example engine rebuilds, how often and how much do they cost?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts

I tend to disagree partly. Bigger steps between gears are not so good for gearbox and transmission durability (hence why Citroën kept using 6-speed gearbox in C4 where it wasn't needed at all for the engine characteristics).
    Didn't know that, thanks for the info
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

hard to compare as R5 is quite new, and we still have some kms to engine rebuild. and what's written in manual about costs is different thing than reality. in general engine life mileage seems to be quite similar, cost of r5 engine rebuild is smaller, but you need to change turbo then, so... (MSport says turbo life is 1700kms which is hard to believe). Gearbox parts are a little bit cheaper in R5 comparing to S2k, but I already know you need to change them way more often, so... Similar situation with other parts - driveshafts, prop, etc. Those parts are cheaper in R5, but their quality is "cheaper" also... plus in S2k more parts were "rebuildable" while in R5 you need to buy new... Clutch is the same, brake parts similar price.