Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Fissi fight back?

Fissi seems to think that Renault will fight back as soon as they get to grips (no pun) with their new tyres.

I'm sorry but I really don't think so. Renault have dropped of the pace and lets face it Alonso was Renault. This year Fissi finished 5th, 66 seconds behind the leader at Aus and last year also finiahed 5th nearly 40 seconds behind but with multiple saftey cars he would probably have finished further back. Just quickly browsing the results last year Fissi finished about 30-60seconds back from Alonso most times last year so I doubt very much Renault can find 0.5-1 sec per lap to raise Fissi to the front of the grid. Fernando had been flattering the Renault all last season and now in the hands of a less than super tallent they will repeat their 1995-1996 fall from grace.

Does anyone see Renault coming back to the front this year?

Sonic
    Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Fisi had huge car problems last year and stalled, in qual he was faster than alonso
    "signature room for rent"

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Things change during a season, this year will be no different. Renault however do not have the car or the drivers to challenge Ferrari.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    The best Renault can hope, is to finish 3rd in the WCC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fissi is not and never was a Top driver , the only reason he is still at Renault is because he is Flavio driver , They should have gotten rid of him long ago .
    Whatever happen in the race it is always the car . just look at the last race last year when Shu was chasing him near the end ....

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber
    Whatever happen in the race it is always the car .
    He is not the only one!

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    I'm surprised that noone has yet brought up the most important issue here, which is that "Fissi" is not Fisichella's nick-name. It's Fisi. Or Fish. Not bloody "Fissi"! "Fissi", "Schummi" and "Kimmi" are not nick-names - they are something very-very annoying. Alright?

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_roadhog
    Fissi seems to think that Renault will fight back as soon as they get to grips (no pun) with their new tyres.
    I hope he's right, but fear he's wrong
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    as long as the finish ahead of BMW I am fine and hope they get up there. This year should be a walker for Ferrari unless they ban something to slow them down. Ferrari is a half second ahead and that is a lot in F1. Plus they have two drivers that will pass normally.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe they can fight McLaren but Ferrari seems to be out of reach.
    Go Renault!