Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    It was actually the fast right at the bottom of the ski slope in Gartheiniog (below Coed Mawr - SH 821 118). This has caught a few out over the years, but Matthew's crash was probably the biggest.
    Luckily for Matthew and Scott Martin (his navigator who was also badly injured) Mark Higgins & Bryan Thomas had broken down not far away and had gone to watch at this spot when Matthew crashed.
    They both immediatly helped and probably saved Matthews life.

Liked 73 Times in 38 Posts
    8 at the start of the Italian Wales Rally GB

Italians at the start

Gianluca Linari - Nicola Arena (Subaru Impreza STi)
    Lorenzi Bertelli - Lorenzo Barns (Lancer Evo IX)
    Luca Hoebeling - Tullio Siena (Subaru Impreza)
    Davide Catania - Fabio Salis (Citroen DS3 R3T)
    Giuseppe Dettori - Carlo Pisano (Ford Fiesta S2000)
    Alex Uliana - Palitta Masina (Fiesta R2)
    Giuseppe Nucita - - Andrea Nucita (Fiesta R2)
    Andrea Crugnola - Michele Ferrara (Fiesta R2)

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    It's only for show. There's no really fast Italians in WRC these days.
    http://www.wrc.com/news/prada-son-im...wrc/?fid=15681

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brynmor Pierce
    Well was supposed to be competing on the event but that fell through...
    So for me, pop into Llandudno 1st thing Thursday, Clocaenog in the afternoon (30 years since I watched my first RAC Rally in there with my late dad), Friday Dyfi East and Saturday Hafren....

Anyone wants any tips i'm local so please ask away...

Cheers
    Bryn
    Hello, would indeed like some tips. Some 10 years ago since we visited Wales Rally GB. Could you give me some tips for Dyfi (West or East), Hafren and Halfway or Crychan ?
    Is it still possible to go and watch whitout going to the car-parcs ? We stay in a cottage not far from Staylittle so we are very close to the Hafren stage on saturday. Greetings from Belgium.

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    So what's your itinerary Rhod, beer at Builth on Wednesday?
    Quite possibly Phil, but then I'm not bothering with the Thursday stages so will be driving home afterwards. Would be good to have a beer after Shakedown though!
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where do you reckon the best place to go on the Friday is? I'm unsure to go do one Dyfi in the morning, then the other in the afternoon, does anyone know what any of Fridays stages are like to spectate on?
    Supporting flying finn's in the WRC! My Flickr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Love
    Where do you reckon the best place to go on the Friday is? I'm unsure to go do one Dyfi in the morning, then the other in the afternoon, does anyone know what any of Fridays stages are like to spectate on?
    Dyfi east car park F. Viewing as directed on spectator info is fast but not very exciting, cars approach from left and go round a fast left hander. Doubt you will be able to view from the outside of the corner. Inside viewing is banked but average view. If you go left as you approach the stage and down along the straight there is a series of bends that you can view from bank on thr right, usually good view. If you go right as you approach stage, continue through a series of tighter bends until you get to a clearing.(care at these bends if stage live - often difficult to hear cars approaching and limited places to get off track) Steep drop to your right. Viewing possible from banks to your left. fast part of stage into tricky right hander.unfortunately you can't see round corner any more due to trees. From right hander limited viewing areas and only short viewpoints. Not familiar with Dyfi west or Gartheiniog stage. Dyfnant is usually good, the main hairpin is downhill with a fast approach. Fast and tricky right hander down hill after hairpin. Unsure of where they will allow you to stand. The double view point at top of stage used to be good but not been there for over 15 years. hope that's of some use to you.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Dyfnant is usually good - however spectating on National/BRC events is completely different to spectating on W RallyGB.....so I imagine the usual spots might not be used.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Need help - not been to the GB Rally since it was the RAC RALLY

Dear All

New to the forum. Have been out of the country for the past 15 years and am now back and want to go watch the GB Rally. Used to watch it when it was the RAC Rally in Yorkshire and further north. Am planning to go on the Saturday - can you recommend which is the best stage - looking at Hafren or Myherin - any advice on parking, best place to watch etc. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danwilsontx
    Dear All

New to the forum. Have been out of the country for the past 15 years and am now back and want to go watch the GB Rally. Used to watch it when it was the RAC Rally in Yorkshire and further north. Am planning to go on the Saturday - can you recommend which is the best stage - looking at Hafren or Myherin - any advice on parking, best place to watch etc. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    For Saturady I am going Myherin and Sweet Lamb. I would recommend Sweet Lamb over Hafren.

The viewing spots in Hafren is limited and I did not find anything too exciting except from the downhill hairpin which is too crowded with very limited viewing angles. Also the road to reach the car park is too long and because it is single lane it is bit of a nightmare.

For Sweet Lamb do notice it gets VERY muddy in the car park that has a festival like atmosphere. There is plenty of room to park. You can watch the cars for approximately 2 minutes with very nice sequence of bend hairpin water splashes and jumps. Also there is always massive queue to get out of the stage.

For Myherin you get 3-4 possible spots with nice views, the is a turn left with fast approach in first portion of the allowed viewing positions, then a sequence of fast bend and at the end a uphill tight right bend (almost a hairpin). Parking is on the side of forest road, but marshall control it fine.