Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    The international layout is no more unfortunately, but there is the Silverstone South layout which uses the new pits which would have been a much better circuit to use than yesterdays!

Im guessing that Silverstone want more money for championships to use the new pits as from what ive seen from the BSB there the other week they also used the old garages that get so much criticism.
    The South Circuit doesn't have enough paddock space to host an event as big as BTCC. In fact it doesn't even come close. You could probably have squeezed in the BTCC and one of the larger support races (or two small ones), but certainly not all five support races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    What a crap day, I really can't understand why they use that **** layout at Silverstone. Does the Abbey hairpin/Bridge corner track no longer exist? Because it's much better. It was also clearly a turbo track. I'm not complaining that there are tracks which favour one type of engine over the other (because that works both ways) just that we've been to tracks that are far more even and that would've made for a more interesting showdown. As it was Plato was so far behind the Hondas that it was basically sorted in qualy.

Ginetta juniors were great though, some superb racing and just a shame that Gamble sort of spoilt the end
    There's a slightly different version of the National they could use, where it goes on to where I think the International circuit turned right, and becomes a right hairpin, which then joins onto the new F1 loop and then down the Wellington straight. It'd add another couple of corners without drastically increasing the lap times.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin
    The South Circuit doesn't have enough paddock space to host an event as big as BTCC. In fact it doesn't even come close. You could probably have squeezed in the BTCC and one of the larger support races (or two small ones), but certainly not all five support races.
    Ah yea thats a fair point actually, I did read that at the F1 event teams in gp3 etc had to move all their stuff from the old pits to the new for the races!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Funny ol' thing in race three, turbo car leads, chevvy cruise can't catch it, however, turbo cars behind chevvy aren't making any progress. Could it be they don't want to catch up and get punted off?
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even after a number of boost reductions and weight increases over the season the Hondas were still able to dominate the non-turbo cars at Silverstone - imagine how far ahead they would have been if things had been left as they were at the start of the year?!

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Talent
    Even after a number of boost reductions and weight increases over the season the Hondas were still able to dominate the non-turbo cars at Silverstone - imagine how far ahead they would have been if things had been left as they were at the start of the year?!

WT
    Indeed. It's also why I feel it was only right for a Honda driver — I didn't mind which — to win the title, because they quite simply produced by far the best package of all the turbo runners.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Indeed. It's also why I feel it was only right for a Honda driver — I didn't mind which — to win the title, because they quite simply produced by far the best package of all the turbo runners.
    +1
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Superior engineering skills
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Team Dynamics are consistently one of the best teams in BTCC and its no surprise.

As long as you keep the same team personnel: you can change the car but not the brains.