Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"I had technical problems ...."

Reading a Jenson Button quote on teletext, he said he had "technical problems" last week. In another interview he said something like the car's design needed some more set-up tweeking. It happens often and with most drivers, not just Button.

So, in short, what do you think of as 'technical' and what 'design flaws'?

There has to be some distinction between the two
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I rarely trust whats put up on teletext or ceefax, there not very good at giving out anything but very basic infromation.

I consider technical problems to be were something isnt working on the car the way it should (not aero parts as thats a design flaw). Design flaws are were the car doesnt dothe job properly when in full working order.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    So, in short, what do you think of as 'technical' and what 'design flaws'?

There has to be some distinction between the two
    Probably with the Honda there is so many of both it is difficult to tell which is which.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    I consider technical problems to be were something isnt working on the car the way it should (not aero parts as thats a design flaw). Design flaws are were the car doesnt dothe job properly when in full working order.
    That's what I've always considered either to be. Glad I'm not alone

BTW, teletext is 'made' here and a few of my friends write it. They're neither interested nor educated in what they write, so I have to agree it's often utter pants on the screen. They just copy from faxes and often make monumental cock-ups when shortening stories.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    [quote="Hazell B"]the car's design needed some more set-up tweeking.QUOTE]

To me, this sounds as if he's missing a certain test driver from last season.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    For technical troubles read - the Honda is technically crap! I'm at a complete loss to know how after spending zillions on the new 2007 car the Super Aguri can be quicker???
    Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think they need to make Japan more clearly visible on map of the car

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Reading a Jenson Button quote on teletext, he said he had "technical problems" last week.
    Jenson has one huge technical problem and thats between the seat and the pedals. Luckily for him most people wont be too interested anymore, since the Britons have a new golden boy to cheer for.

And it seems that Lewis is for real.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah technical problem! Is that like "I retired from the race because of electrical issues" His conrod broke and came out the side of the block and knocked the alternator off, Hence causing electrical problems!

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i read that Honda belive they have a problem with the front wing causing it to "stall" like when below a certain speed a plane wing stops working, and that it gets to a point where despite how much extra front wing you put on it doesn't provide any more downforce.

how they came to create a wing with these properties with multi-million pound wind tunnels and supposedly brilliant brains i don't know, but if that is the fundamental problem with the car, a new wing design is a realtively small price to pay for a big performance gain
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.