Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News help

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

News help

Please can anybody tell me if all cars will run under NGTC spec next season or will we have a mixture of specifications again
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A mix again - probably about half the grid in full NGTC-spec, most of the rest S2000 but with NGTC engines.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah. almost certain they will ALL be NGTC powered..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    Yeah. almost certain they will ALL be NGTC powered..
    No.

According to Alan Gow in a recent Q&A:

Q: There looks set to be a proliferation of NGTC-spec cars for 2012. Four teams have already fielded them in 2011 and now the factory Honda Racing Team plus leading privateers Triple Eight Race Engineering and Pirtek Racing have announced they will take this route for 2012. Others are also making serious noises about switching to this new breed of car for next season – surely vindicating TOCA’s decision to take the BTCC in this direction?

A:“There’s a lot more than ‘serious noises’ coming from other teams. But I would guess that around half the grid next year will be NGTC cars – and that’s not only impressive validation of the new regulations but also a ringing endorsement of the BTCC itself and the commitment teams are making to the championship."

I am sure that Seat have confirmed they will NOT be using NGTC engines or spec and will be sticking to S2000 next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now this could be a tactical move on Seat's part. If they are the only S2000 team next year and the promised 'parity' is still in effect then all the other teams will have to be pegged back to their level. That might raise a few eyebrows.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Special Tuning Racing have already installed a turbo engine to the Leon for this season, therefore I imagine they have just committed to running the Leon in S2000 spec with a NGTC engine rather than a full NGTC??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't heard any noises coming directly from SEAT, what have you been hearing Mr Webster?

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Making stuff up and get his facts wrong. Nothing new here.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Webster
    No.

According to Alan Gow in a recent Q&A:

Q: There looks set to be a proliferation of NGTC-spec cars for 2012. Four teams have already fielded them in 2011 and now the factory Honda Racing Team plus leading privateers Triple Eight Race Engineering and Pirtek Racing have announced they will take this route for 2012. Others are also making serious noises about switching to this new breed of car for next season – surely vindicating TOCA’s decision to take the BTCC in this direction?

A:“There’s a lot more than ‘serious noises’ coming from other teams. But I would guess that around half the grid next year will be NGTC cars – and that’s not only impressive validation of the new regulations but also a ringing endorsement of the BTCC itself and the commitment teams are making to the championship."

I am sure that Seat have confirmed they will NOT be using NGTC engines or spec and will be sticking to S2000 next year.
    Firstly, if you read what Gow has said, he talks about NGTC CARS! Not engines..
    Secondly, everyone apart from James has said recently they want to change to NGTC.
    Thirdly, Why would Boardman go back to using S2000 power and become a force of one in 2012?

On that note. I will predict that in 2012 nearly ALL the top teams will be running NGTC CARS. As Alan Gow states 50% of the grid will be NGTC cars. And ALL cars will have NGTC power!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Making stuff up and get his facts wrong. Nothing new here.
    Given that he only ever posts rants about Plato, maybe he forgot that he was no longer driving for SEAT...