Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Felipe, destroy Hamilton's race

Apparently, the Singapore video review in Formula1.com includes an actual quote from Rob Smedley telling Massa "Hold Hamilton as much as we can. Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on, boy...".

I believe this is unimportant - obviously Ferrari would like Massa to hold Hamilton up as much as he could, as both Ferrari drivers would have benefitted from that. However, the Autosport headline is "Radio broadcast revelation stokes Massa and Hamilton collision controversy". I think that this is unrelated - the collision was clearly Hamilton's fault, and Massa had all the right to be upset after the race, although shoving Lewis was clearly out of line. Even so, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that someone thinks differently.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Only Massa, when asked to destroy someone elses race, could manage to ruin his own as a result of driving slow through the apexes and getting a puncture as a result.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Joe Saward has an interesting article about this quote, albeit its name isn't quite imaginative: What a load of rubbish

It also contains his opinion on Hamilton's driving, which I find rather interesting.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Apparently, the Singapore video review in Formula1.com includes an actual quote from Rob Smedley telling Massa "Hold Hamilton as much as we can. Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on, boy...".

I believe this is unimportant - obviously Ferrari would like Massa to hold Hamilton up as much as he could, as both Ferrari drivers would have benefitted from that. However, the Autosport headline is "Radio broadcast revelation stokes Massa and Hamilton collision controversy". I think that this is unrelated - the collision was clearly Hamilton's fault, and Massa had all the right to be upset after the race, although shoving Lewis was clearly out of line. Even so, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that someone thinks differently.
    So that's how you see it?
    lemme guess if the roles where reversed you would have a completely different take. Probably asking for the engineer to be sanctioned and hamilton to be banned

There is a good reason they put that radio broadcast on the video. It sheds new light on the incident.
    But for those with a closed mind...alas, even with damning new evidence, it changes nothing.
    Hamilton hatred is too hard to let go off.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Only Massa, when asked to destroy someone elses race, could manage to ruin his own as a result of driving slow through the apexes and getting a puncture as a result.....
    yup

There is a radio engineer telling his driver to purposely hold another driver up, that driver doing so, then purposly pitting him when Hamilton pits then being extremely slow on the outlap and when Hamilto tries to pass, Felipe makes for darn sure that he slams the door closed. Then acts with bewilderment afterwards at the incident. Felipe tried to destroy Hamilton;s race and nearly succeeded. Even though Hamilton came in for repairs and then again for his drive trhu. Massa was at that point well ahead of him, but Hamilton managed to catch up and pass him. So Massa destroyed his own race.

One final thing

What is the point of destroying Hamilton's race from Ferrari and massa's perspective?

Is he in a fight for the WDC against Alonso and Massa is there too help?
    The only reason is vindictiveness or a clear acknowledgment that Hamilton and mclaren are miles faster, and if you can't beat them, destroy them

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    One final thing

What is the point of destroying Hamilton's race from Ferrari and massa's perspective?

Is he in a fight for the WDC against Alonso and Massa is there too help?
    I think you got that right. Not a difficult guess.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

amazing the lack of interest or responses to this story from this board.

It would have been 10 pages long by now if the story were reversed, with folks on hear screaming and ranting about Hamilton. Many stating it isn't about him just the facts
    I remember when he had his situation in Australia 09 with the team radio and we got plenty of pages about that and some calling for race bans etc.

The silence here is telling and simply justifies why I post less on this board. Its quite obvious how many are less interested in facts and fairness and more about going on a witch hunt.

oh well

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    So that's how you see it?
    That's how just about everyone sees it.
    lemme guess if the roles where reversed you would have a completely different take. Probably asking for the engineer to be sanctioned and hamilton to be banned
    His driving is doing all the talking for him so far!

There is a good reason they put that radio broadcast on the video. It sheds new light on the incident.
    Really? I see nothing different about his hasty attempt to get by.
    But for those with a closed mind...alas, even with damning new evidence, it changes nothing.
    Damning new evidence? Lmao.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    amazing the lack of interest or responses to this story from this board.

It would have been 10 pages long by now if the story were reversed, with folks on hear screaming and ranting about Hamilton. Many stating it isn't about him just the facts
    I remember when he had his situation in Australia 09 with the team radio and we got plenty of pages about that and some calling for race bans etc.

The silence here is telling and simply justifies why I post less on this board. Its quite obvious how many are less interested in facts and fairness and more about going on a witch hunt.

oh well
    there aren't that many truefanboys here as you would think, right?