Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I agree with you DanicaFan, the series was actually made for ovals.... But it became CCWS. Shame.... But if this is the only way IndyCar can survive, then I've nothing against it. I like road courses, but please keep the balance between ovals and road courses. Even this year the schedule was already out of balance, don't make it even worser. Last year we had the perfect schedule imho.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Tony George’s original Indy Racing League featured all ovals from 1996-2004 before beginning to add street and road courses but ovals have steadily become endangered species.
    So who cares if the fans have spoken with the free market? We want more ovals!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Am I the only one who sees a few big "if's" on the 2012 schedule?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, actually No. If I really look at it without thinking about Bernard's words I like this schedule as well. But don't use the word "Balanced schedule" ever again Randy! Too many ovals is out of balance, but this is exactly vice-versa.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Shu180..

I wasn't asking if you liked the schedule.... I'm asking if you ( or anyone else) sees more than one race on that schedule that might not happen in 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just looking at it, I'd have to say that China is iffy. It hasn't been finalized from what I gather. Vegas is being promoted by IndyCar and probably depends on how it does this year. Given the crowd history of Vegas and the epic fail of the 5 million dollar gimmick, I wouldn't put money on this race being back. Fontana's future in 2013 is probably iffy as I don't think they will get much of a crowd next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not to mention to Toronto has been a ghost town and been govt subsidized

And I expect Baltimore will be run ....'but it was reported that without a title sponsor it wouldn't be back in 2012

Belle isle has come and gone how many times now?

And I agree with Dbel 100%.... China is iffy and Vegas is shaping up to be a huge financial blOodbath.....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Shu180..

I wasn't asking if you liked the schedule.... I'm asking if you ( or anyone else) sees more than one race on that schedule that might not happen in 2012
    And THIS is just because I'm Dutch. My English is good, but not perfect.

I think Detroit and China won't happen, and that Kentucky will be added on the schedule.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Come on....frustrating looking at this schedule. Where is Road America? Watkins Glen? Cleveland? How about asking the drivers where they like to race?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think there's been quite a lot of good news stories this season - with all of the arbitrary penalties aside (and the tracks with visible seats looking quite empty, especially last night) - car count is well up on what I expected, and most of the additional cars aren't just Duno-esque drivers, they're actual good drivers trying to get a full time shot in the series. But I can't really take this schedule as anything other than bad news. It's too short and, even for someone who prefers road courses in most cases, there aren't enough ovals. I'm just wondering what the overall finances of IndyCar are like for them to announce a season like this. Ignoring F1 and its feeders, all open-wheel series have had a bad time in the last few years...