Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Formula Renault UK Cancelled

It has been announced today that the Formula Renault UK Championship has been cancelled for this season, leaving a gap on a TOCA support bill.

Wonder what will fill it? Can't say I'm sorry to see it gone, but I hope another single-seater series fills the bill, the variety has always been a plus for the package.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If im honest im glad. never liked it and last years grid was poor. Hope they add something like Formula Ford or add another Small hatch championship or add an extra race for one of the other championships.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    They need a decent single-seater series on the bill to provide some variety (anyone remember the early days of the TOCA package, when there were four such series, with the Fiestas and Clios the only tin-top supports?). Trouble is, there aren't as many quality open wheel series as there used to be - Formula Ford would be the obvious one, but I wouldn't want to see it taken away from the Formula 3 bill, where it fits quite well.

I assume at this late stage most championships have already got their calendars set in, if not stone, then something fairly immovable, so an extra race or guest slot (my vote would go to the latter) will be made available. If they need a longer-term solution, though, please, something that isn't just another one-make series. Something with a little bit more variety and imagination.
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Real pity in my opinion, its always been a good step to f3 and some great drivers have been through it, I cam remember seeing Antonio pizzonia, Kimi (i think), lewis Hamilton and Bruno senna over the years, although recently the series has struggled there are few that haven't

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any chance the Dunlop Sport Maxx Championship (or whatever its called now) will join the package? surely its quite relevant to the BTCC support bill...
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    It's an obvious choice (and probably the biggest multi-make series out there beyond the BTCC and British GT), but it is the spiritual successor to the National Saloon Car Cup/Championship - and that didn't last long after it accepted the BTCC's invitation to run as a Class B all those years ago. Granted, the BTCC is in considerably better shape now than then, but who knows what the situation may be a few years down the line...

Knowing ITV's love of the public vote to decide matters of varying triviality, perhaps we should have a different guest championship at every one of the ten meetings, and at the end of the year a fan vote decides which one gets the gig full time.

Alternatively, anything with a V8 engine
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    They need a decent single-seater series on the bill to provide some variety (anyone remember the early days of the TOCA package, when there were four such series, with the Fiestas and Clios the only tin-top supports?). Trouble is, there aren't as many quality open wheel series as there used to be - Formula Ford would be the obvious one, but I wouldn't want to see it taken away from the Formula 3 bill, where it fits quite well.
    It's become more and more expensive to run single seaters. Carlin & Fortec are now having to run as full on multi-car outfit to help Brit F3 alive.

Also, the racing in FR and FBMW have generally been poor because of the cars were underpowered/produced too much DF.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    Any chance the Dunlop Sport Maxx Championship (or whatever its called now) will join the package? surely its quite relevant to the BTCC support bill...
    They're quite happy doing fine where they're are. Dunlop put so much into it they don't really want to be an undercard for the BTCC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do like STCC do....add some bikes lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Glad it's been cancelled. Never watched it, always turned over or if i went to the meeting i would just go for a walk about. I would like to see something like the Mini Challenge.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    When there was a decent amount of cars I used to enjoy watching the Formula Renault at Thruxton as you used to get some good, slipstreaming battles. But on TV it was usually dull as most of the circuits in this country dont offer a huge amount of over taking really!

As a replacement id like there to be a guest championship at each round to give it a bit of variety.