Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Well, for a rookie it's extremely tough to be competitive for the whole season. I'm convinced that sooner or later there will be a faithful driver error or in wet conditions wants dry/wet tyres too early/late or whatever. Give him some time and let's not put too high hopes on him on his debut season.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I expect he'll make a few errors as the season progresses, but I can still see him appearing on the podium a few more time before the season is out. Even on the top step once or twice. The boy is special.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    All teams will develop except Mclaren which will spend the rest of the season waiting for them? He will struggle because he will be racing on the unknown race tracks of Europe? Is it going to get more and more difficult with every race ? is that how experience works?

I don´t say things will always work so smoothly for him for the rest of the season or for the seasons to come. He has a good car and did a good job. And I think he ll improve his skills with every race.

I don´t really get the logic of your theory
    I agree eu , neither do I
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LH is extremely talented and the only thing I can see robbing his confidence away are the usual media hypes, especially those surrounding British drivers.

So here's to LH's management: Just for one season, don't let him go to TV shows, interviews (except race-related conf). Make his performances the only way for him to get publicity, just like his career so far.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalasend
    So here's to LH's management: Just for one season, don't let him go to TV shows, interviews (except race-related conf). Make his performances the only way for him to get publicity, just like his career so far.
    He already appears in a very high profile Vodafone advertisment.

The fact is, he is an extremely talented and marketable young man driving for a top team. If he is at the front regularly this year, he's going to be splashed all over the media. That's just the way it is.

I reckon he's got a good head on his shoulders, so hopefully the attention won't phase him.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No.... Because he is human.. Even Schumi wouldn't be able to repeat a certain result 17 times because he is again human.. I think he can get close to it though.. I predict he will have 7 podiums this year.. 1 win
    ''If your in control, your not going fast enough''

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    He'll do well, but he's not perfect and it is his first season in F1 so let's be realistic. He will have the occasional off-day. That's not saying that he doesn't have gobs of talent! One worry is that he idolizes RD, so that could go horribly wrong if there is a falling out.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    He'll do well, but he's not perfect and it is his first season in F1 so let's be realistic. He will have the occasional off-day. That's not saying that he doesn't have gobs of talent! One worry is that he idolizes RD, so that could go horribly wrong if there is a falling out.
    He owes McLaren a lot, can't see him switching teams anytime soon.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    As most people have said, he has that special talent to stay on the top, but I also feel like he will have his bad days as well. That would only be natural, he had them in GP2 too.

But, I think it's pretty easy to say that as time goes by, he will get more experience and should only improve. I expect to see him half a dozen times on the podium, and if McLaren suddenly don't become uncompetitive, he certainly can be in the top 4 by the end of the season.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It depends. Surely he is talented, but how much? Nico started well last season and then he faded, but maybe the car was to blame. How will Lewis react if Alonso is clearly favoured? How he will fare on tracks, which he knows, but with different cars? How will McLaren progress the season?
    We must wait and see.
    Formula 1