Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Peltor to Terraphone adapter.

Intercom adapter for using a Peltor (or Stilo)Helmet on a Terraphone is now no longer a PITA.

Earlier this year I had a last minute issue with an adapters for my Peltor helmet on a TerraPhone intercom. At first we had a bad adapter (wired wrong), and then once we got it figured out the volume was garbage! Of course this was 2 days before a race. So I went to work to fix! I have made up an adapter that amplifies and protects the mic in the Peltor helmet. Now it sounds just like I was using a TerraPhone intercom. Driver is happy, we both can talk and hear each other (and I dont have to swap helmets depending on what car I get into). This is NOT just some wires, it has a built in amp and inherent voltage protection for the Peltor & Stilo mics (they don't like the voltage the Terraphone mic uses).

I have around 10 of these out in the world and every one of the users are VERY happy. (Even have one going to a high profile driver in North America). If anyone is interested drop me a line. $60 +shipping.

Attachment 2815

Sorry if this violates some rules on the forum. I just want to help fellow co-drivers go out and race without having to worry about a intercom not working.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    High profile & TerraPhone in the same post surely not ha ha

I used an adaptor from Demon Tweaks - worked in a fashion but found it better to use my old outlawed lid fitted with TerraPhone when in that car Sparco/Peltor with everybody else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was a little surprised when he emailed me But I guess when you are hired for your ability behind the wheel, you don't always have a say on what gear is IN the car.

Hey-

Used one of Bryans adaptors for the entirety of Targa this year - running my Peltor helmet with a Terraphone and the codriver using a Terraphone helmet.

Zero issues. Worked perfectly. Highly recommend.

ACP
    http://www.acpracing.com/
    Http://www.zerodegreec.com