Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    What a douchebag. He is lucky he got to race at all this season.
    Just more reason for another team NOT to give him a ride next year.
    You serious? Why on earth should Nick just agree to walk out - yes it was lucky he got the drive, but now he's got it and is beating his teammate there is no valid reason Renault can have for trying to shove him out. He is unlikely to get a ride next year in F1 but his main stength is his personality in the garage and willingness to help teammates, so for him to want to sue the team suggests they are massively in the wrong.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Senna now confirmed.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    You serious? Why on earth should Nick just agree to walk out - yes it was lucky he got the drive, but now he's got it and is beating his teammate there is no valid reason Renault can have for trying to shove him out. He is unlikely to get a ride next year in F1 but his main stength is his personality in the garage and willingness to help teammates, so for him to want to sue the team suggests they are massively in the wrong.
    I agree with that to a certain extent and it's hard to say what is really going on. We don't really know all the circumstances or what his contract states. If it's performance based then I can't blame them, as he has only been average, but average is probably enough for any performance claim to be debunked fairly quickly.

If it's due to money, then I wouldn't blame Heidfeld for suing the team. They should have thought about their money and had their budget sorted before the season started. Anyway I'm kind of interested to see what Senna can do. Someone said he is on Chandhok's level but we don't really know what level Chandhok is on either. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a reasonably competitive package.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Heidfield was/is a known quantity and Petrov has proved he has improved as he's been pretty close or ahead of Nick as the season has worn on. Renault are going to gain nothing this season by keeping Nick on, a few points here and there but his experience isn't going ot yield podiums or wins, so they lose very little giving Senna a try out. If over the next few races he is able to get on par or even close to Petrov then he will prove he's got a place. If he's reamed then his chance will have been lost, but at least it will have been a good one in a decent car against a known quantity. I'd like him to do well, but being realistic I guess thats pretty unlikely, given how Chandock fared against Kovy in Germany.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Renault might regret this if they can't keep ahead of Force India and Sauber for the rest of the year.

Senna is only confirmed for Spa, so expect to see Grosjean in the car and maybe one or two others! How many drivers are one team allowed during the season?

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    How many drivers are one team allowed during the season?
    Let's ask HRT!

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz

What a douchebag. He is lucky he got to race at all this season.
    Just more reason for another team NOT to give him a ride next year.
    Wait, so if your boss breaks your contract and fires you without any reason from your job as the janitor, you will just take it willingly and accept it, because otherwise you would be a douchebag?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Heidfield was/is a known quantity and Petrov has proved he has improved as he's been pretty close or ahead of Nick as the season has worn on. Renault are going to gain nothing this season by keeping Nick on, a few points here and there but his experience isn't going ot yield podiums or wins, so they lose very little giving Senna a try out. If over the next few races he is able to get on par or even close to Petrov then he will prove he's got a place. If he's reamed then his chance will have been lost, but at least it will have been a good one in a decent car against a known quantity. I'd like him to do well, but being realistic I guess thats pretty unlikely, given how Chandock fared against Kovy in Germany.
    well said.
    that is how I see it too
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    My dislike of this Boullier grows bigger every minute.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    My dislike of this Boullier grows bigger every minute.
    I don't think the blame should be laid ar Eric's door. Danny Bahr will be the culpret if the company falls on its knees. Tony might allow himself a wry smile, especially if ends up buying the 'other' Lotus name at a knockdown price.

What goes around comes around......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.