Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Boullier tries to find a reason to replace Nick

Nick Heidfeld didn't deliver speed or leadership, says Renault team principal - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

To be fair I understand his viewpoint, but to say he was always asked by the media 'why is Vitaly quicker than Nick?' is just odd, bearing in mind Nick finished ahead of Vitaly 6 times, while Vitaly finished ahead 3 times if you don't include the races where a driver retires due to mechanical reasons. This whole situation is just a mess, and if I was Heidfeld I wouldn't want to drive for Renault again, so seeing him wearing Renault stuff and promoting the team/staying in the garage shows what a gentleman he is...taking the moral highground (which isn't too hard against Boullier)

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Caption "What the hell Bruno, you said you were good, but that spin earlier looked pretty s**t to me."
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    Boullier tries to find a reason to replace Nick

Nick Heidfeld didn't deliver speed or leadership, says Renault team principal - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

To be fair I understand his viewpoint, but to say he was always asked by the media 'why is Vitaly quicker than Nick?' is just odd, bearing in mind Nick finished ahead of Vitaly 6 times, while Vitaly finished ahead 3 times if you don't include the races where a driver retires due to mechanical reasons. This whole situation is just a mess, and if I was Heidfeld I wouldn't want to drive for Renault again, so seeing him wearing Renault stuff and promoting the team/staying in the garage shows what a gentleman he is...taking the moral highground (which isn't too hard against Boullier)
    Lacks leadership skills. What a stupid thing to say! I wonder if boullier looked at the championship tables? He would have found that the driver he was getting rid of is one place ahead of the driver that is staying.
    I've always liked quick nick and never really rated senna. Who is betting that heidfeld has had a fallout with management or something....
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    “I was not very happy with the pure speed of Nick and his global performance as an experienced driver, that is it. His leadership didn’t work in the team and when you are sometimes slower than Vitaly, in fact most of the time slower than Vitaly, it is difficult for him to push the team and to settle himself as the team leader.”
    The Nick-Vitaly Qualifying battle was 3-7. Heidfeld was behind on average almost .5 second.
    In Comparison, Kubica was .7 faster than Vitaly.
    I think Boullier's move was necessary, yet putting Senna instead of Heidfeld for performance reason's doesn't exactly match up.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    i can not see how Heidfeld can take the court action unless the contract he signed was to be number one driver untill Kubica returned
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    hate to say I told you so but I did
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    .As for Nick...same old story, too inconsistent.
    When ther is one driver that is well known over his consistency it's Heidfeld! Do you even think about the stuff you're posting, or did you do some research at all???

Heidfeld-Petrov in quallifying is 3-7 that's a fact!

But what is the the ballance in the races? Who has most points? Wich off the drivers gained most postions during the races en wich driver lost most places during the races?

The team should be glad with the two lucky podium finishes in the start off the season and the fifth place off Petrov in Canada. The car should no be in the top 6 at all based on it's performance. It's performance got worse during the season and there was no update at all.
    Boullier is happy with the development skills of Heifeld he said, Heidfeld also helped with the current updates. And once the updates are ready they kick out Heidfeld.

Petrov is not a great driver and never will be, people that think he has inproved his skills. They are wright, he has learned how te stay on the track for crying out loud. In the races his pace is totally off and he hast lost more positions then that he gained.

I wish them good luck with Senna and Petrov, the wish to beat Mercedes in the championship is a litllebit to optimistic.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Senna outqualifies his teammate Petrov, and also Fernando Alonso!
    F1 Pickems Champion 2006, 2009
    FGP Champion 2012

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Credit where credits due - he was impressive today. Let's see what he can do in tomorrows race.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Bitter pill for Heidfeld, the team throws him out at the race where they bring serious updates for the first time since the start of the season.
    I can see some lunatics claiming it is all due to Bruno Lali (Senna) being sucha great driver.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro