Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    If you want 16 cars instead of 24, by all means complain about Randy's decision. But thankfully, Mr. Bernard has made a great decision which was based on the team's feedback.

The money situation and the low TV ratings, makes this a great decision. Those who depend on the series for their income, are very happy and support the move.
    i know you are right - but then they need to get their promises in line with their results - this is just continuing frustration......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    If you want 16 cars instead of 24, by all means complain about Randy's decision. But thankfully, Mr. Bernard has made a great decision which was based on the team's feedback.

The money situation and the low TV ratings, makes this a great decision. Those who depend on the series for their income, are very happy and support the move.
    I thought that the objections was that not everyone could afford multiple sets of aero packages. I thought the Dallara came with their set of aero kits and if you wanted to run someone else's package you paid extra. If I am on the correct path then the added cost would be there only if you bought into another package.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

$$

Quote Originally Posted by dataman1
    I thought that the objections was that not everyone could afford multiple sets of aero packages. I thought the Dallara came with their set of aero kits and if you wanted to run someone else's package you paid extra. If I am on the correct path then the added cost would be there only if you bought into another package.
    Everyone buys the the base Dallara, which includes the standard body kits. The plan was to introduce new body kits at Indy. So, just 1/4 of the way into the season, those who paid for new cars would have to buy new kits.

RB really wanted to have the kits from the get go, but a show of hands at a recent meetign with owners indicated that less than 16 entries would be possible. That reality, shifted the plan.

As is there should be 24 entries full time in the series.

Penske/Ilmor-2
    Ganassi/HPD-4
    AA/ILmor or Judd-2
    Foyt/HPD-2
    NH/TBD-2
    KV/TBD-2
    Panther/TBD-2
    SSM/HPD-2
    DCR/TBD-2
    HVM/TBD-1
    Conquest/TBD-1
    SFR/TBD-1
    Herta/TBD-1
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the Info EE!
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    AS usual, Eagle Eye talks people off the ledge with a few facts.

I heard about it and I saw it coming. To go to a new car in a series where many of the teams are still trying to make it through the season is a tough call. First stage is getting the new tubs on the track, second stage is opening up the competition in different bodies. You all have to know that Roger Penske and Chip Ganassi are chomping at the bit to get their cars into a wind tunnel with different parts and try to find something extra.....this wont be the status quo for any more than a year or so. Survival is the goal right now.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    AS usual, Eagle Eye talks people off the ledge with a few facts.

Actually, the "facts" are that this guy, Bernard, gets the "fans in the stands" all worked up with a lot of promises and, then, can't deliver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by mac miller
    Actually, the "facts" are that this guy, Bernard, gets the "fans in the stands" all worked up with a lot of promises and, then, can't deliver.
    Had TV rating gone up, and the teams were able to secure more $$, then this would have been in place. I do not recall it being a "promise", more than a plan. Not sure what business you are in, but plans change.

If you would prefer 16 or less cars at each race, but body kits, then you are in the minority.

The thing that makes Randy great, are that he has plans and contigency plans in place. This decision can't be placed at his feet, as he simply followed what made sense. Remember, one option was to use the current chassis one more year.

In the past when I presented negative factss people said I was a "doom and gloomer". The only doom and gloom is the TV ratings, which might not imporve as we head into football season.

From a team and series standpoint, this was the best decision for all. I won't discuss this past weekends race until after the 22nd.

I left out DR by mistake;

DR-2/TBD
    Penske/Ilmor-2
    Ganassi/HPD-4
    AA/ILmor or Judd-2
    Foyt/HPD-2
    NH/TBD-2
    KV/TBD-2
    Panther/TBD-2
    SSM/HPD-2
    DCR/TBD-2
    HVM/TBD-1
    Conquest/TBD-1
    SFR/TBD-1
    Herta/TBD-1
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Andretti down to 2 cars in 2012?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Penske only 2 in 2012?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats the word.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Penske only 2 in 2012?
    And Andretti.

$$

Power stays, and they will have a second car but they certainly could stay remain a three car team if they land a big sponsor.

Andretti is loosing GoDaddy, and the princess. That is a huge chunk of money. Marco and RHR. Of course, if some one writes a big check, than anything can change. They will not be going with HPD either. They will be Judd or GM.
    Green, Green, Green!