Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New car news!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    L/D will be the thing that defines beauty to me, I'll be watching trap speeds.... My guess the airbox/sail panel is to make the rear wing more efficient.

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The airbox is because the prototype is running the Honda N/A 3.5 Ltr V-8.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Still looks like a Dallara Indycar, and by a Dallara, I mean.... well, it's better looking in some ways than the current lawn dart. That's one hell of a front wing. Teh front end looks more like a platypus now. Time for a livery thread.... Oh, wrong forum..

Change in this case is good. Now lets see what the other companies can come up with!

Ditch the airbox, give it the other sidepods, and It might look pretty good. It's only the first shakedown.....
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    The airbox is because the prototype is running the Honda N/A 3.5 Ltr V-8.
    Oh really,

'A few minutes later, the roar of the 3.5-liter normally-aspirated V-8 engine as cars exited the appropriately-named Thunder Alley less than 24 hours earlier during the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio was replaced by the smooth, higher-pitched sound of the 2.2-liter turbocharged Honda V-6 engine that will be among the three (Honda, Chevrolet and Lotus) implemented for the 2012 season."

I couldn't make your stuff up....

Here is one from Tony Cotman

"It's a lighter car, it has more horsepower and it has a lot less drag than the current car, so naturally on the right day it will go quicker and that's something that the fans have to look forward to," Cotman added.

Could we be seeing new track records, probably on Road Courses or Short Tracks, unlikely on 200 MPH plus tracks

Get rid of the airbox?

Get rid of those ugly winglets on jets. so what if they work, I don't like them.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't see no ugly winglets.

Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    arguh - I just can't love it - they took the worse of the two designs at Indy and I think they beat it with one of Honda's ugly sticks a bit more...... sidepods look different that the one at Indy - I think the Indy one flowed smoothly to the rear tire - this one looks a bit like the cockpit frontal bulbous thingy.....

I know the ones at indy looked better in person than in photos - perhaps this thing is just not photogenic - but if Indycar had any effect on the stock market this would be driving the market down even more...... I have no basis for this but it just doesn't look "right"......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like an older LMP2 car and the current Indycar were mashed together and they threw on wings from a current F1 car (not the strong point of those cars) - it just looks like a hodgepodge of race car cliches

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbles

Subsonic and supersonic, apple and dragon fruit

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbles

No winglets just one ugly aircraft wanting to be something it is not.......
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not a mother but I like the looks of that car very much. A lot better than the current Dallara. I think I'll love the performance even more...
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”