Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New car news!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New car news!!

From the look of the pic, I'm excited to see what this beast will look like! Being a six cylinder turbo (twin turbo?), I can't wait to hear it either!! Wonder what the paint scheme will be? I wonder if they'll use the batcopter to view the testing from above? Just kidding, who knows what it will look like, it might end up pretty bad ass!!

Let's keep this spy thing going! I know some of you are great photographers, and have special detective skills!!

Let's seek this car out as testing happens throughout the year!!

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ng-first-test/

:champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good times coming

It is kind of neat that the new car hits the shores next week. More than a few people may hang out at Mid-O after the race on Sunday, just to check it out.

The Honda will be a single turbo, with the GM and Lotus being twin turbos, which could make things interesting. The Lotus/Judd motor is behind in development, so we might have to wait to see who their dance partner will be.

Caution, as with the new Champcar, there could be some small issues. Do not freak out, worry or panic, as that is what testing is for. If there are issues, they have time before the cars ship before the end of the year.

I had hoped that Lola would have got the job, but it looks like Dallra (and Indycar) have done a good job in getting this together, on time.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eagle, do you think there will be engine failures next year due to the competition? This is something that Indycar isnt used to having.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The mirrors look a lot more functional than the ones on the concept.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good question

Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Eagle, do you think there will be engine failures next year due to the competition? This is something that Indycar isnt used to having.
    I think there could be some failures, especially in practice and qualifiying trim, especially early on. Indycar will be keeping track of the engines and their development to try and ensure they are close in performance. Competition certainly can push some to the limits. I still remember the Honda CART motors blowing plenums sky high during practice.

We are still waiting to hear what the spare car situation will be. Back in the day, you had your primary and spare or "T" car, which was race ready with an engine. When Honda became the loan supplier, they did not want extra engines "sitting" connected to cars, which is now why we have spare cars that sit w/o the engine. I could see us going back to the old spare situation, but that will depend on what the engine suppliers want.

The Honda engine will be built by HPD in CA, while the GM engine will be built by Ilmor (who supply the current Honda engine). Lotus will be supplied by Judd. Each of these groups have had success at various levels, so I think we can expect some good reliability.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, Cosworth won't get in next year?
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimispeed
    So, Cosworth won't get in next year?
    Not unless you wanna write a big check.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    I think there could be some failures, especially in practice and qualifiying trim, especially early on. Indycar will be keeping track of the engines and their development to try and ensure they are close in performance. Competition certainly can push some to the limits. I still remember the Honda CART motors blowing plenums sky high during practice.

We are still waiting to hear what the spare car situation will be. Back in the day, you had your primary and spare or "T" car, which was race ready with an engine. When Honda became the loan supplier, they did not want extra engines "sitting" connected to cars, which is now why we have spare cars that sit w/o the engine. I could see us going back to the old spare situation, but that will depend on what the engine suppliers want.

The Honda engine will be built by HPD in CA, while the GM engine will be built by Ilmor (who supply the current Honda engine). Lotus will be supplied by Judd. Each of these groups have had success at various levels, so I think we can expect some good reliability.
    You might see some failures in qualifying because someone will create a hand granade if they can't make the pace without pushing the limit. The race, I believe will be another story.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the reply Eagle. I thought about that. Because Indycar has been used to engines never failing and their tires being very, very reliable.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Does anyone know if it's a requirement to lease engines? Maybe there could be some outside of the box thinking from a manufacturer and SELL the units...?