Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Blatant trolling

One thing I've noticed recently is that there are a few posters in the F1 forum who deliberately disregard the content of some people's posts and pick bits which they then attack with statements which completely disregard what the poster has actually said.

I'll give an example here. Driver X has just had an incident in the Polish GP which most people seem to feel should have been penalised which wasn't penalised.

Quote Originally Posted by user1
    Driver x certainly should have got a penalty in the Polish GP
    Quote Originally Posted by another poster
    There's no consistency at the moment, driver x should have got a penalty in the Polish GP but driver Y did something that wasn't as bad in the Swiss GP and got a stop and go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yet another poster
    I agree with you, but driver y got that penalty because on the Swiss GP track you don't lose time going through the pits for a drive through

Now user 1 posts in reply to yet another poster on a slightly different topic
    The main problem is that in Switzerland, driver c and d committed worse offenses than driver Y and didn't get any penalties at all

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another freaking poster
    You're always going on about how those Swiss forumers and stewards are biased towards Swiss drivers
    Yes, I do feel the Swiss stewards didn't act in a consistent manner when you compare the Polish GP to the Swiss one. The Swiss stewards are biased
    Inbetween the time this is posted and the next post driver x gets a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll 1
    I bet you loved reading about the 5 place penalty for driver x. You're probably crying now and trying to think of an excuse for driver x's behaviour.

I think driver x should have got the penalty
    Not sure what you're on about, I said above that driver x should have been penalised.
    and he did!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Troll 1
    <insert cheap insult here> I'll try to type slower for you etc etc

I said above that driver x should have been penalised.
    You wrote, "I do feel the Swiss stewards didn't act in a consistent manner when you compare the Polish GP to the Swiss one. The Swiss stewards are biased." Care to explain on this now that Driver x has been penalised? ]

Now call me silly but Troll1 is trolling, user1 clearly feels that driver x should be penalised and so does Troll1! But for some reason Troll1 is picking out a statement by user1 about how the stewarding in a previous GP wasn't up to standard and turning this into user1 saying that driver x shouldn't be penalised.

Now call me cynical, but this is just a different way of trolling, technically you're not doing anything wrong, there's nothing in the forum rules that says you're not allowed to misinterpret someone's words on purpose or take quotes out of context and draw silly conclusions from them, but if user1 comes back and understandably out of frustration says "Troll, you're obviously a ****ing idiot if you can't understand what I wrote" then user1 is the one who's going to get an infraction or a ban when it's clear that troll1 set out to cause friction and get a reaction.....

Now the way I've set this out is probably quite confusing but you'll probably pick the thread out from a mile away and I've reported it too. But this sort of passive agressive trolling is becoming rather common in the F1 forum and is a rather sneaky way of trying to get a reaction out other posters. Whilst I'd hate to see someone get an infraction for a genuine misunderstanding, it's clear that some people are deliberately picking parts of people's posts out and then disregarding stuff which obviously disproves the point they're trying to make.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't you ever stop moaning? You spent all this time concocting this thread and don't realise you are the biggest Troll out there.

Grow up

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think we all know the thread this is related to and trolling was done by both sides of this arguement not simply one. This just highlights that if a person has a difference of opinion, they are more sensitive to the opposing view hence ignoring the trolling of person(s) with the same view as themselves. I think this is rather petty to use a thread to have a dig at someone to be honest. PM's are a better method if you have a problem with someone in my experience or if you feel its blatant trolling use the report function and let the mods decide.
    I have reported it, but I thought I would also allow people on the forum to give their opinion of it. I really fail to see how both sides were trolling. Someone was of the opinion that the stewards in one country didn't do their job properly, not to be funny but how many times have either yourself or I criticised the stewards at a grand prix? Was it so wrong for vhatever to say that? Did this then give a certain someone the right to disregard what someone had said and make it sound like they thought Buemi shouldn't get a penalty. It's clear who is the one being really petty here. I don't give a flying **** if vhatever might be Tamburello, he deserves to be respected and treated as anyone on here would expect to be treated until it's proven that he is or isn't a banned member posting here under another alias. Are those not the rules of the forum? People got all up in arms about me editing posts to change their meanings for a joke, this is essentially the same thing but is absolutely nothing to do with having a light hearted joke.

There is a clique of members in the F1 forum who play tailgunner for each other and if you can't see this then you're not looking hard enough.

As usual knockie turns up and decides that the best for of defence is offence......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I hope this isn't an insult Daniel lol..

I didn't take it that way but it still doesn't make alot of sense lol. "Goat", "drugged out hippy"???? Moir??
    It was merely an observation.

It was meant to be nonsensical and a reference to your days as a drugged out hippie (joke of course)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hippie sounds better

Plus you can imagine Futurama Nixon saying it )

[youtube]HvYm68dOQ4k[/youtube]

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Blatant trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You are insulted by random gibberish? You Knockie and Wilko should form a love triangle, you seem to get on rather well I think Now I know that could be considered an insult, but I genuinely feel that you guys would get on well.....

Yep, it happens all the time.

As usual, you don't practice what you preach.

Maybe I should report it, and then make a thread asking if anyone is seeing my reports to further draw attention to it?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Blatant trolling?

Yep, it happens all the time.

As usual, you don't practice what you preach.

Maybe I should report it, and then make a thread asking if anyone is seeing my reports to further draw attention to it?
    Care to quote that post in context? From the start?

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Care to quote that post in context? From the start?
    It's a quote, and the context in question is your obvious attempt to troll. This fish isn't biting. If you think anything I've stated is nearly as "troll worthy" feel free to quote it.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    So basically you're not going to post your troll I was replying to and you deliberately talking about a different topic to the one being discussed? Funny that.