Page 156 of 203 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2022
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is clear that Loeb, as usual, has slowed down a little bit, which is a smart thing to do, especially in such weather condition and with such a time difference.

That's why Hirvonen is now equally fast, baring in mind that he has something to prove and he has to be on the charge....

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    I definitely hope Hirvonen will take that 3rd place tomorrow

Liked 16 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina
    Jajá, I am sorry but I think that it can not be expected anything much better from Paulo.
    Unfortunately, the Brazileans who get to the WRC are not the best ones, I am sure there are much better ones.
    For example, Rafael Tulio is way much faster and reliable, but he never had afast car to show his skills.
    Totally agreed, ZequeArgentina! Nobre is there just because he has the budget to do so. Rafael Tulio, Ulysses Bertholdo, Edio Fuchter, Luis Tedesco, Guilherme Spinelli, all of them are way much better than Nobre, but the are budget-less. And due to that I say I'm impressed that Nobre got so far with no issues.

BTW, looking forward to go to Argentina this year... Do you know whether the monster stage "El Durazno-Ambul" (or vice-versa) has accessible spectator sports?

Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    totally diferent situation to compare ss No1&2 when you have 4 days to erase your wrong tyre choice,with the only fiesta you have in rally at 3rd day which must collect your only points.
    Ford have history with wrong tyre choices.It is not something new.
    Different why? These were the only two situations where someone clearly made a wrong choice with important handicap in terms of time.

One time mistake from Citroen, the other time mistake from Ford. 1-1 is the result in terms of mistakes. Nothing seriously important.

I'm talking about this Monte Carlo only.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    A little emphasis for the points seemingly lost..
    80 something cars vs 320.....which do you think is a bigger event?
    Jean Todt made a strange comparison. Compare a WRC rally and a Historic Rally is looking to two completely different events. The drivers and teams from WRC and Historic are completely differente, the teams, even the costs are completely different.

To start a discussion, the majority of historic drivers are people in the 50's and 60's with a lot of money and usually retired from work. By other words, the do the rally with one week, or teo or three week... Usually time spent is not a big problem to them. The amateur drivers that go to a WRC event, the ones that made the entry lists have 100 or 120 entreis, usually are not professional drivers and have limited time as well has limited budgets.

The budget is also a problem. One more day on a WRC rally is much more expensive that one more day on a Historic rally.

To create a longer rally to have 3 stages per day is a strange option. Would be better a day less and two mores stages per day IMO.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    Different why? These were the only two situations where someone clearly made a wrong choice with important handicap in terms of time.

One time mistake from Citroen, the other time mistake from Ford. 1-1 is the result in terms of mistakes. Nothing seriously important.

I'm talking about this Monte Carlo only.
    Actually Citroen didn't make a mistake. They just didn't want to use super soft tyres too much,
    cos they were only 3 (?) sets of them and it is a five day rally.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    Jean Todt made a strange comparison. Compare a WRC rally and a Historic Rally is looking to two completely different events. The drivers and teams from WRC and Historic are completely differente, the teams, even the costs are completely different.

To start a discussion, the majority of historic drivers are people in the 50's and 60's with a lot of money and usually retired from work. By other words, the do the rally with one week, or teo or three week... Usually time spent is not a big problem to them. The amateur drivers that go to a WRC event, the ones that made the entry lists have 100 or 120 entreis, usually are not professional drivers and have limited time as well has limited budgets.

The budget is also a problem. One more day on a WRC rally is much more expensive that one more day on a Historic rally.

To create a longer rally to have 3 stages per day is a strange option. Would be better a day less and two mores stages per day IMO.
    Budget of the car is way much higher than the car who got drivin in the Historic rally. It are not competition cars who drive there it's a regularity rally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC
    Cant believe Solberg lost so much time after winning SS11, ridiculous tyre decision
    i know ya pity

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    pictures from yesterday:
    rallysport.hu - Monte Carlo Rallye 2012
    rally results every wednesday from almost 100 series: http://www.rallysport.hu