Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great race; shame for Sato being caught out on that T2 bump, and Servia for a dodgy final pitstop as those two would have posted good results otherwise.
    Dario clearly backed out of the race for the win the final quarter, leaving Marco and Kanaan to battle it out. The fact that even Dixon couldn't catch them proves that Marco's win was one on merit, not on any dodgy fuel strategy. Danica will be disappointed - last of the three running Andretti cars.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Incredible drive by Marco, he truely earned it. The racing was fantastic, the stands were packed, and Indycar is as competitive as it's been in a long while.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Btw, Dan Wheldon is great on tv, He really freshens it up for VS.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great race, great TV, just really enjoyable on many fronts..... get some people to watch that and the ratings have to get better..... somewhere in a trailer in NASCARville they are trying to figure out how to get their race to look like this one......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think tonight is the type of race that fans pay for/expect to see when they take off an evening to open up their wallet wide and watch IndyCars fight it out under the lights. These are the kinds of shows that coulld grow the sport, and the extended interviews with various leaders in the series post-race really draws in the casual fan. If VS could actually get into a decent number of households, this product could start generating a real fanbase. Unfortunately, it has been several years of less than thrilling races, often on an unknown sports station high up on the channel list. That VS is finally getting some good copromotion work from NBC (saw some CNBC promos/interviews for this race) and the racing is good, the commentator booth is good.. might be able to make to headway into a real fanbase for this type of racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Danica will win this race. May I never post on this forum again if she doesnt.
    He is being held to this isn't he?
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there anything more disappointing then getting homeand clicking the DVr and finding out the race didn't record!!!!????!!!

F@#K
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Btw, Dan Wheldon is great on tv, He really freshens it up for VS.
    Thanks to Wheldon we event a new drinking game. To make watching a short oval race like Iowa bearable we take a shot of Bourbon every time he utters a racing cliche.

We were hammered by lap 20.....WooooooHooooo!!!

Hey Danicafan.....I, for one, am not holding you to your promise. I get the sarcasm in your posts and find it hilarious!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Marco wins a race for once in a 3+ years and hes too busy talking smack about TK, yep, has that Andretti smugness in him, much like Michael how he said how his boy schooled TK on the final pass that they were going back and forth for many laps
    Actually, I really didn't hear Marco talking smack about TK. He said the racing with TK was great and he enjoyed it a lot. Michael, on the other hand, was his usual obnoxious self and HE was the one talking smack about TK. Move on, Michael, it's over, TK's gone from the team, you and Marco and Danica are happy about it, get over yourself. Marco did not "school" TK. If anything, TK schooled Marco on how it's really done, and that racing at the end was excellent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really enjoyed that one. Anyone see TK in the prerace show say something to the effect of "I'm going to be aggressive and fight for the lead and win, and not just drive around, ending up 5th or 6th?" What a dig on Danica!

Speaking of Danica, she started 2nd, immediately dropped to 4th, while the booth crew said, "Her team said it's okay if you lose a position or 2," but then she never did anything at all (except she did keep it off the wall). It was like she was scared of fighting for the lead.

Fantastic finish! Marco earned that one, and TK was right in there. Good rivalry.

Power's bell was rung hard in the crash. I'm not surprised he's got a mild concussion. He was not making any sense in his post crash interview....just saying, "Yeah, I mean...it was a hard crash...." Hope he's cleared to run in two weeks (and I say the same for Simona -- I missed her this race).

Bia's crash was disappointing, but at least she was working, and not just cruising like Da Princess.