Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    What is Van Hoof doing now?
    He is doing some local rallies mainly in Belgium, still with the good old Evo IV

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Bedankt
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Top 5 of Argentina:

1) Federico Villagra (WRC - Arg. Rally Champ)
    2) Marcos Ligato (Arg. Rally Champ)
    3) Gabriel Pozzo (Arg. Rally Champ)
    4) Miguel Baldoni (Arg. Rally Champ)
    5) Claudio Menzi (Arg. Rally Champ)

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NiekJ
    Kuipers never really impressed in the local rallies in the Netherlands. Van Eldik and Merskteijn Jr where, with some exceptions, always (a lot) faster. Of course Kuipers Jr has a lot of experience now in the WRC but I think Eldik and Merksteijn would beat him if they would do some WRC rallies.
    Well the stats would seem to show that Kuipers is better in WRC than Merksteijn Jr. They have been head to head in 4 rallies so far this year. Kuipers has had two 10th places, one 9th place and one DNF. Merksteijn has one 22nd place and three DNFs. Also, Kuipers' stage times are generally faster than VM jr. Bet they also have fun in the catering rooms with 'my Dad's faster than your Dad' arguements ;-)
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    for germany its quite hard to make a list!

especially for drivers who are still driving.

we have few talents witch disappeared, two of the biggest was defenetly uwe nittel in the 90´s who still has a good pace and some years ago markus fahrner. in the past it was of course röhrl and after that schwarz who was good, but never very good(but very spectacular therefore as you may know ) best achievement was of course burkart with the jwrc title, but as you all know he won by luck and he never had the big talent. also kahle should be named with his 1000 german rallye championchip titles, but with almost no opponents and internationally he never was fast. and kremer won erc once, as far as i remember...

so, from talents who are rising up at the moment, my favourites are:

1. gassner jr
    2. herbold
    3. riedemann
    4. some young and as it seems talented driver from german national rallye scene, who showed really good speed with shi**y cars, called sepp wiegand.
    5. ehm...no one

i´m really expecting something from those 3 germans(i guess wiegand wont be driving there) at rallye deutschland and france. i hope i wont get dissapointed again...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Top 5 Argentina today...

1) Federico Villagra
    2) Gabriel Pozzo
    3) Juan Marchetto
    4) Claudio Menzi
    5) Miguel Baldoni

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    1st -Armindo Araújo
    2nds - Bruno Magalhães and Bernardo Sousa

Nowadays only international Portuguese drivers can be judge as high profiled. By his experience Armindo is surely ahead, but it's unfair to rank Bernardo over or below Bruno.

Budget problems led to a very poor field in main Portuguese championship (CPR), leaving 2nd level drivers to domination. Guys like Adruzilo Lopes and Miguel Campos would have a place in a top 5, but they dont get money to compete regulary.

Joao Ruivo, Antonio Rodrigues, Daniel Nunes and a few others contenders of the sprint championship (called Open) are trully fast, but for them it's even more dificult to get a CPR competitive chance.
    Rally addict since 1982