Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 174 Times in 76 Posts
    If we are including all 'National Championships', and none 'retired' drivers;

1. Mark Higgins
    2. Kris Meeke
    3. Andy Burton
    4. Neil Weaver
    5. David Higgins

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mark higgins above kris Meeke ?????????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Top 5 in Norway:
    1 Petter Solberg
    2 Andreas Mikkelsen
    3 Mads Østberg
    4 Henning Solberg
    5 Eivind Brynildsen

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Top 5 in Sweden in my opinion.
    1. PG Andersson
    2. Patrik Flodin
    3. Patrik Sandell
    4. Mattias Ekström
    5. Victor Henriksson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui J.
    OK, so we have some time to kill before the next round in Finland.

I’m starting this thread to find out who members think are the top 5 drivers from their own countries.
    There seems to be a lot of drivers getting very high profiles by competing in the WRC, but are the best your country has, or are the ones with the most money?
    Are the father & son combos from The Netherlands the best you have? Or just the ones with the most cash?

The only rules are they must be currently active in WRC, IRC, regional championships or national championships (either yours or in another country). Which means ‘retired’ drivers can’t be listed even though some would easily make the top 5. An example of this would be Gronholm I guess.

I want to create a bit of debate from forum members ranking their own drivers.
    Very interested in how the Norwegians rank their top 5. Also other high profile rallying countries… Finland, Sweden, France, Italy, Britain, Belgium, etc.

I will start by ranking what I believe are currently New Zealand’s top 5.

1. Hayden Paddon PWRC
    2. Richard Mason NZRC
    3. Emma Gilmour NZRC
    4. Dean Sumner NZRC
    5. Chris West NZRC

Other NZ forum members may argue. I hope so, that’s what this thread is about.
    Let the debate begin!

Regards, Maui
    Hey mate, can we use the Millen's? I think that Rod and Reese would have to be my numbers 3,4 with Gilmour at 5. But I am not sure if you would allow occasional rally-x, rally america and hillclimbs as strictly rally according to your rules....

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    I don't remember a single rally where Sousa defeated Magalhaes in last couple of years. Can You help me find some?
    Hi Mirek!

That's only my humble opinion off course!
    Sousa and Magalhães were never in competition with each other for a championship! When Bruno run in the Portuguese Champ with the Peugeot Bernardo drove a Gr.N car. I know they had Azores and Madeira rally's both in S2000 cars, but Bernardo was thinking in the Portuguese Champ, and Bruno was running for the IRC. Also, Bernardo did better time's last year in the rallies that had equal roads of the one Bruno made the year before!

Bruno it's a good driver, but not the best from his generation. At least I don't think so... António Rodrigues (that had some bad carreer management back in 2007) and Mex Machado (retired to fallow is professional carrer)where better! Bruno just had... better godfathers!!

But, as I said, that my two cents and my humble opinion! Francis considered Bruno the best, and a lot of portuguese people would put Miguel Campos or Adruzilo Lopes on top of the list!

Greatings my friend

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc1600
    1 Bryan Bouffier
    and then nothing just kidding
    1 Kosciuszko
    2 Oleksowicz
    3 Solowow
    4 Kajetanowicz
    5 Ruta
    Kajetanowicz needs more credit I think what he did with a Gr N against S2000's is fantastic..

1. F. Duval
    2. T. Neuville (Because of the potential in the future)
    3. F. Loix
    4. M. Boon
    5. I would almost say Tsjoen and Snijers, one is a gentlemen driver but maybe one of the best in the world and the other one is a legend who's still fast

We have alot of talent but my top 5 consist more on people who have been driving with really fast cars and getting very nice results.

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    1.Dimitar Iliev {ERC, BGRC} - multiple bulgarian rally champion, won the Rally Bulgaria in 2007, the first bulgarian driver to win it after ILia Chubrikov in 1971.
    2. Petar Gyoshev {ERC, BGRC} - the most talented driver nowdays, everybody is expecting a lot more to come from him.
    3. Yasen Popov {BGRC} - maybe near the end of his career, still very fast but unfornately hasn't enough funds to drive a s2000 car.
    4. Krum Donchev {BGRC} - four times bulgarian rally champion, vise champion in ERC in 2006.
    5. Todor Slavov {ERC, BGRC} - third in JWRC last year, the biggest success of bulgarian in WRC.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    1 Petter Solberg : 36, WRC, More than 400 stage wins (most of them not in the best car/seat) shows no signs of ageing (well maybe his hair is a little thinner).
    2 Andreas Mikkelsen 21, IRC, Huge potencial, can (and will) go all the way.
    3 Mads Østberg 23, WRC, Norways next WRC champ says Martin Holmes.
    4 Henning Solberg 38, WRC, Got to admire Hennings efforts in getting money so Wilson can put together cars from M-Sports trashbin (has lost some motivasion).
    5 Anders Grøndal 27, PWRC, Too small backing to show his real potencial i am afraid.

Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts
    Finland top 5 as I see it.

1 Hirvonen
    2 Latvala
    3 Hänninen
    4 Ketomaa
    5 Gardemeister