Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Poor weather prediction. Most assumed there would be no rain in the second stint and never changed for fresh.

It wasn't wet more damp till later. People raved about how great Barrichello's choice was on jumping onto wets but there was Hamilton being told to slow down and still on inters and still won that day.

Perhaps the greatest drive I have ever witnessed. Certainly up there with those great wins from Fangio and JYS at the 'Ring all those years ago.
    So all we need in F1 is to let them race when it's wet, no need for crappy tires and stupid DRS like solutions.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    It was a joke yesterday, the track was good enough to race on far before they finally restarted the race. Pansies.

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Anyone remember the wet races of the 80's and 90's? There was no need to pamper the 'racing' drivers back then.
    All these new 'young guns' are a bunch of children with no balls when the going gets tough.
    With the exception of Hamilton, me thinks.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    It was a joke yesterday, the track was good enough to race on far before they finally restarted the race. Pansies.

Yeah, Button was the only one complaining that it wasn't safe to race around lap 33 or so. It galls me that he ever became world champion.

I'd love to know Schumacher's take on whether they should have gone racing or not. The whole fiasco was a joke.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Of course part of the difference back in the day is that you were allowed to change the entire setup on the car before the race if it's wet. These days with Parc Ferme rules you can't do that so you are bascially trying to race cars set up for the dry.
    That’s a very good point Mark.
    I recall having a discussion here not too long ago where it was suggested that the regulations be modified, in the event of a wet race, to delay the start long enough to allow adjustments to the car to accommodate wet weather.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Probably, but he completely lacks brains so it somehow evens out.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro