Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A tie between Button and Schumacher with Alguersuari close behind after getting 8th starting from the pit lane

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    A lot of drivers were very impressive today: Kobayashi for holding off Massa a good deal, Di Resta for making hay before a rookie error, Vettel for leading as long as he did, Webber for his comeback after the spin and mid-race lull, Hispania for being the best finishers of the 'B' teams and Jaime for an 8th place finish after starting from the pit lane.

But the most impressive, for me as many others, were Schumacher and Button. Schumacher really showcased his ability today in difficult conditions and, while I take my hat off to him, my driver of the day has to go to Jenson. After all the wars he'd been through, the sheer amount of pitstops he had made and the fact that he just barely picked up the pack during one of the later safety cars (running last), he managed to drive back through the field and, not just get on the gearbox of Vettel in the closing stages, but PRESSURISE this, seemingly, bulletproof driver and force him into an error! Button: when he's good, he's great.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This is not a poll so we all have our own view which is correct for us...

For me it is between Button and Schumacher, Jenson won the race so I shall award this accolade to Michael.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Tough one today.

Firstly people who did a good job.

Jenson Button: A fine comeback to win the race.
    Sebastian Vettel: I know most will think it strange, but for that last tiny error drove brilliantly after each restart.
    Schumacher: A fine drive. In a fair battle would have had a podium.
    Petrov: A clean race to score good points.
    Alguersuari: Under pressure came from the pits to score points.
    Liuzzi & Karthikeyan: The Hispania's did really well, used SC to keep close to the Lotus and Virgins and out did the Virgins and Trulli to finish 13th and 14th. Good effort.

Secondly The Verdict.

Button made a few mistakes and was lucky with SC all the time.
    Vettel made the vital error

So it leaves my Driver of the day as....

Michael Schumacher
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    A lot of drivers were very impressive today: Kobayashi for holding off Massa a good deal, Di Resta for making hay before a rookie error, Vettel for leading as long as he did, Webber for his comeback after the spin and mid-race lull, Hispania for being the best finishers of the 'B' teams and Jaime for an 8th place finish after starting from the pit lane.

But the most impressive, for me as many others, were Schumacher and Button. Schumacher really showcased his ability today in difficult conditions and, while I take my hat off to him, my driver of the day has to go to Jenson. After all the wars he'd been through, the sheer amount of pitstops he had made and the fact that he just barely picked up the pack during one of the later safety cars (running last), he managed to drive back through the field and, not just get on the gearbox of Vettel in the closing stages, but PRESSURISE this, seemingly, bulletproof driver and force him into an error! Button: when he's good, he's great.
    I disagree. A fine drive by Jenson but if it wasn't for all the safety cars he would not have ended up winning the race. Schumacher drove like he stole it all day and was far more consistent and didn't get involved in any incidents. It was a true champions drive. Taking into account that his car is nowhere near the performance of Buttons or Webbers, then he has to get driver of the day, he thoroughly deserves it.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Tough one today.

Firstly people who did a good job.

Jenson Button: A fine comeback to win the race.
    Sebastian Vettel: I know most will think it strange, but for that last tiny error drove brilliantly after each restart.
    Schumacher: A fine drive. In a fair battle would have had a podium.
    Petrov: A clean race to score good points.
    Alguersuari: Under pressure came from the pits to score points.
    Liuzzi & Karthikeyan: The Hispania's did really well, used SC to keep close to the Lotus and Virgins and out did the Virgins and Trulli to finish 13th and 14th. Good effort.

Secondly The Verdict.

Button made a few mistakes and was lucky with SC all the time.
    Vettel made the vital error

So it leaves my Driver of the day as....

Michael Schumacher
    BEST post so far. Might not be much to praise about Button, if the stewards drop some time penalty on him.

Mister Mike aka Schuie aka old man.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I disagree. A fine drive by Jenson but if it wasn't for all the safety cars he would not have ended up winning the race. Schumacher drove like he stole it all day and was far more consistent and didn't get involved in any incidents. It was a true champions drive. Taking into account that his car is nowhere near the performance of Buttons or Webbers, then he has to get driver of the day, he thoroughly deserves it.
    Yep
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I can see completely why someone would pick Mick for driver of the day but I stand by what I said. He still wrung the neck off that McLaren in the closing stages.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    In a way Vettel's last few laps impressed me more than most of his other work this season, despite the mistake. It's the first time he's found himself at a disadvantage on pace. You could see how hard he was pushing the car, he matched Button's times on a few sectors and almost held on until he pushed it that bit too far (and even then did well to recover).

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Button may have lucked out with the safety cars, but his speed towards the end of the race was fantastic, and a nice follow up to how well he drove in Monaco, where the safety car worked against him. Finally found a chink of Vettel's armour. I think Schumacher deserves a great deal of praise as well, as that's by far his best drive since his comeback and really rolled back the years. But for DRS, I think he'd have made the podium. Indeed, I was almost a little sad he didn't in some ways. Bonus mentions for Kobayashi and his awesome drifting effort in qualifying. Final mention for De La Rosa as well, as he had a solid race considering the circumstances.
    No longer active on this forum