View Poll Results: Should F1 run coupes?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 11.43%
  • No

31 88.57%
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    A paragraph which would suggest that you are well and truly against personal attacks. Well done. And yet...

That sounds to me like a direct personal attack.

Which is it?
    Why do you insist getting into a fight that you have nothing to do with? Is it the gang psychology? Looks like it to me.
    Anyway I've been around enough to know whom will jump in to support the usual suspects around here to be surprised by your move.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    You seem to have joined the club (other members Bolton Midnight and Bob Riebe) whose response to someone disagreeing with you is to accuse them of trolling.
    Who also don't or can't understand the points other people are making, let alone formulate a consistent argument against them.

I find it futile discussing things with such people although I admit to trying in the past.

Best walk away and save your time for the more productive and enjoyable things in life.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Who also don't or can't understand the points other people are making, let alone formulate a consistent argument against them.

I find it futile discussing things with such people although I admit to trying in the past.

Best walk away and save your time for the more productive and enjoyable things in life.
    I agree with you completely. Sadly, it increasingly seems as though, with a few exceptions, discussions on these forums have increasingly been taken over by idiots. I say that not because I disagree with them, but am referring to people who are unable to engage in debate.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The sole argument for open wheen open cockpit racing seems to be that this was the way it was in the past. What if all those years ago they had been racing cars with a roof and with enclosed wheels? if there was an argument against having an enclosed cockpit (lets say drivers were getting burnt to death) then the same people would be arguing against open cockpit racing purely on the basis that F1 is a closed cockpit formula.

It gets to the point where people aren't even talking about the safety or the spectacle, but merely wanting things to stay the same because that's how things were in the past.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    The sole argument for open wheen open cockpit racing seems to be that this was the way it was in the past. What if all those years ago they had been racing cars with a roof and with enclosed wheels?
    If you think thats the sole point for open wheel/cockpit racing levelled in this thread then you clearly haven't bothered to take on board the multiple, complex and often well put together arguments aimed in your direction, and have also illustrated that further discussion with you is futile.

Thank you for demonstrating that my post you quoted is indeed true.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    A paragraph which would suggest that you are well and truly against personal attacks. Well done. And yet...

That sounds to me like a direct personal attack.

Which is it?
    The difference between me and some of the people on here is that for instance when Ioan agrees with me and makes a personal attack I have the balls to actually tell him that he's done wrong and stop it. I'm not going to lie and say I'm perfect, I'm not, but it would be at least nice if people did the decent thing and came down on people merely spoiling for a fight even if they do agree with the viewpoint of the troublemaker.

That Ben STILL hasn't come out and admitted that SGWilko was trolling (Henners seems to have mumbled something about it to his credit) does Ben a great disservice. Ben and Dylan are two people I used to have a lot of respect for, two people who are usually the voice of reason yet they'll happily sit by while someone like SGWilko deliberately tries to provoke. People wonder why i'm somewhat "unhappy" in this thread when this sort of behaviour is more or less encouraged
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If you think thats the sole point for open wheel/cockpit racing levelled in this thread then you clearly haven't bothered to take on board the multiple, complex and often well put together arguments aimed in your direction, and have also illustrated that further discussion with you is futile.

Thank you for demonstrating that my post you quoted is indeed true.
    OK perhaps that was a poor way of saying it. What I meant was that the crux of the argument seems to be history. I understand the concerns regarding the extraction of a driver and so on, but the FIA are just at the stage where they've fired a tyre at a canopy. No one is suggesting that the cars simply have canopies put on them now without thought of any other risks or the design of such a system so as to result in a net reduction in risk. There seems to be a quickness to poo poo the idea based on perceived and unquantified risks rather than seeing what people like Ross Brawn or Adrian Newey could do.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dan. Forget about the 'he said this, she said that' nonsense nd get back to the thread.

Please QUANTIFY the risk of open cockpits at the moment. What has actually happened in the past 20 years to necessitate a change to canopies and what is the potential risk as you perceive it.

Then we might be able to have a sensible discussion on the actual risk of continuing as we are and the potential risk that would be introduced by using a canopy.

It's not about ganging up and having a go at you and ioan because of who you are, but about the risk of having and not having canopies. It may be that 90% of the forum is wrong on this matter but I still haven't seen you or ioan quantify the risk as you see it.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Dan. Forget about the 'he said this, she said that' nonsense nd get back to the thread.

Please QUANTIFY the risk of open cockpits at the moment. What has actually happened in the past 20 years to necessitate a change to canopies and what is the potential risk as you perceive it.

Then we might be able to have a sensible discussion on the actual risk of continuing as we are and the potential risk that would be introduced by using a canopy.

It's not about ganging up and having a go at you and ioan because of who you are, but about the risk of having and not having canopies. It may be that 90% of the forum is wrong on this matter but I still haven't seen you or ioan quantify the risk as you see it.
    So are you saying that i shouldn't be unhappy or complain about someone trolling?