Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    That was really cool

Lewis was really enjoying the slipping and sliding. As ever, seeing a stock being driven on the limit like that makes me want to see more road courses in Cup.

[youtube]KsrYLNRn-MY[/youtube]

Edit - I'd love to see Hamilton race at Eldora

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let's hope Lewis fancies a run at NASCAR after his F1 career. He does seem to be a believer in the "rubbin's racin'" mentality so NASCAR may suit him well.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Seeing the F1 car go around was all about history for me, it looked fantastic and I was envisioning a full grid in my mind's eye. Gotta say though, watching Lewis in the cup car was tons of fun. Some people slam NASCAR for being low-tech and think they look all wrong on road courses, but I think they're fantastic because of the emphasis on the driver...Cup cars, GT1 cars and other big-bore cars just look so wonderfully violent on road courses.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Good show. It looked like both of them really had some fun and got to explore the other drivers cars fairly well. With the way the track was drying out, it made for some decent laps out of both of them.

But I still wonder if they had to modify the seat of the McLaren so Stewart could fit in it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More than likely they would struggle in the championship brand new. I think better they stick with their own in the current championship where they well get acquainted with, or seat swap can be in place only in the 'unofficial' championship, performs as test driver or during free practice, or drive as replacement driver in case any of them is in absentia, ala Perez who was off in Canada GP and give it a try for De la Rosa..

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Seeing a modern F1 car at speed at the Glen was a thing of beauty! What an unfortunate reminder how much of a travesty is it the USGP isn't still held there. At least I still have the childhood memories of the races in the 70's. I can still to this day remember the sound of the Ferrari's over all the other engines on the grid..... Sigh.....
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    But I still wonder if they had to modify the seat of the McLaren so Stewart could fit in it.
    Driver seats are always custom fit.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, it is said the crew have the seat and belt adjusted in order to fit them.

The car swap I think was held more for exhibition, both drivers feel privileged and were in complementary of the other's car. This could be a breakthrough to keep Lewis performance in F1 remains steady as his successful season of his victory in 2008. Drivers had joke exchange, when Lewis said a chance to come over to Nascar, Stewart said his interest to hire him. Both drivers had big smiling face at the end.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yeah, it was totally an exibition, there's no worry or plans for anything to come of it. It was popular when gordon and Monoya did it @ indy, and it was able to happen with F1 @ Montreal and Grand AM @ the Glen.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It occours to me that since the Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen is during the August break, Lewis would be available.

And Tony's race at Eldora is the same week Lewis would be in North America next year.

[youtube]0dz70wOHim4&feature=related[/youtube]
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd