Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Plato
    Daniel,

I think you may be right, probably wasting my time engaging with fans! No doubt I will recieve a bashing for this.

Cheers JP
    Probably, after a career like yours you'll always have fans and haters in equal measure. I've disagreed with you on some things over the years but always respected that you've spoken out, and publicly rather that bitching about it behind the scenes. We don't want robots, we don't want corporate spokesmen who give bland platitudes after every race. We want to know that racing - and winning - actually means something to you guys. The sport would be a hell of a lot duller without likes of Plato, Muller and Reid (I'm showing my age! )
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    The problem with the idea of putting a turbo in the Chevrolet is who is going to pay for it? They can't use the TOCA engine as its a manufacturer entry, so it would have to be a Chevrolet engine. I'm sure that if it was as simple as just switching to a turbo, they'd have done it at Brands!
    But then that's the fault of the rules Why should one team be able to use a TOCA engine and another not be able to use it?

BTW Jason, I'm not suggesting that you don't post because clearly it's a great thing that you DO post on here, merely that it's best you don't take any misguided posts to heart as they are merely opinions and opinions are like buttholes, everyone has them and they stink!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Probably, after a career like yours you'll always have fans and haters in equal measure. I've disagreed with you on some things over the years but always respected that you've spoken out, and publicly rather that bitching about it behind the scenes. We don't want robots, we don't want corporate spokesmen who give bland platitudes after every race. We want to know that racing - and winning - actually means something to you guys. The sport would be a hell of a lot duller without likes of Plato, Muller and Reid (I'm showing my age! )
    Agreed, tell you what Jason, next time you get a penalty I dare you to say "It's because I'm white isn't it?"
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Agreed, tell you what Jason, next time you get a penalty I dare you to say "It's because I'm white isn't it?"
    I'm liking that, it's sure to go down well
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I think you might have more luck pissing into the wind Jason. I've been on here for over 10 years and it's no different to any other forum, people will think they're right because they want to be right or they want their favourite team to have an advantage.
    Is that always the case though? I think that a lot of us started thinking differently about things when Anthony Warmbold started posting his blog. It's not always the case but I think that certain rebuttals to some accusations can have a positive affect. Sure you'll always get some people that still see it as black and white, but like Dave I've got respect for someone that comes out and directly answers some of the criticisms levelled at them.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    But then that's the fault of the rules Why should one team be able to use a TOCA engine and another not be able to use it?
    They are allowed by the rules to use it, the point is a manufacturer is not going to put another makes engine in their car. They HAVE to run Chevrolet engines for marketing / advertising reasons. I can't think of a manufacturer who has ever run an engine produced by someone else.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Is that always the case though? I think that a lot of us started thinking differently about things when Anthony Warmbold started posting his blog. It's not always the case but I think that certain rebuttals to some accusations can have a positive affect. Sure you'll always get some people that still see it as black and white, but like Dave I've got respect for someone that comes out and directly answers some of the criticisms levelled at them.
    True enough but I think that's the exception rather than the rule

They are allowed by the rules to use it, the point is a manufacturer is not going to put another makes engine in their car. They HAVE to run Chevrolet engines for marketing / advertising reasons. I can't think of a manufacturer who has ever run an engine produced by someone else.
    I will have to apologise for my ignorance then

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Again, you are missing the point.
    One of the reasons performance parity was promised was for asset protection, RML have a massive amount of money tied up in perfectly good S2000 engines, infact perfectly good enough to win the 2010 WTCC and 2010 BTCC. It's not a case of could they, should they.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Plato
    Again, you are missing the point.
    One of the reasons performance parity was promised was for asset protection, RML have a massive amount of money tied up in perfectly good S2000 engines, infact perfectly good enough to win the 2010 WTCC and 2010 BTCC. It's not a case of could they, should they.
    Parity is always going to be messy I suppose. I mean they can try and penalise RWD cars for their better launch, but if it rains and they can't get heat into the tyres then they're doubly penalised! Personally I'm completely against success ballast as well, I'd like to think that if I wasn't as good as someone else that the onus is on me to improve so I can challenge them, rather than asking that they be penalised to artificially close the gap!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I feel that something like the ACO's concept of a data logger that can be fitted to cars to measure engine (not chassis) performance and return that data to the governing body so they can make running parity adjustments between fuel types would probably be a welcome stepping stone to a solution, however I'd imagine this would be a relatively large investment for TOCA to make when their view is towards eventually phasing out the S2000 equipment.

I agree that if you've been promised all engines types will be competitive with one another, then you should expect your governing body to deliver on the promise. Honda and Chevrolet are both excellent teams, I think its fair to expect that they should be on a level playing field.

While I'm against the WTCC way of offering constant dispensations to ensure everyone is competitive no matter how good their equipment is, I think that here a top team is suffering because the rules disadvantage their equipment from the outset.