Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    So if a 12 round calendar, i would prefer
    2 x Winterrally
    5 x Gravelrally
    5 x Asfaltrally

Winter: could be Arctic rally (fin), and one in either Norway or one of the Baltic countries)

Gravel: Keep the two that are on the calendar, and add, South Swedish, 1 rally in Germany, 1 in east Europe

Asfalt: Take out Canarias and Madeira, keep the rest !

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Some tricky decisions ahead for IRC....

I wrote recently on this forum that I thought that the FIA should basically give the commercial rights for the ERC to Eurosport events. This would solve two problems; it would give the ERC a much needed boost and it would be a more realistic name for Eurosport's championship which has struggled with it's attempts to go outside Europe before.

In my opinion they should make the calendar only 8, or maximum 10, rounds and concentrate on quality and not quantity. They should try to make live tv from more rounds.

5/3 asphalt/loose surface or 6/4 (if 10 rounds) would be a good split and yes, including one snow rally in the loose surface events would be a nice idea.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    It's good they concentrate not on outside of Europe, WRC there attempts are always good they have to start there! In IRC not and that's better for the teams who have smaller budget but still can have some nice result in the championship! Fia will never give those rights away. And u need money for more live tv.

Btw the reason of Monte Carlo for having so many live stages ? How comes that to have a great season opener in promoting aspects? Or is there some sponsor or something else behind that it was almost 100 % live?

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti
    It's good they concentrate not on outside of Europe, WRC there attempts are always good they have to start there! In IRC not and that's better for the teams who have smaller budget but still can have some nice result in the championship! Fia will never give those rights away. And u need money for more live tv.

Btw the reason of Monte Carlo for having so many live stages ? How comes that to have a great season opener in promoting aspects? Or is there some sponsor or something else behind that it was almost 100 % live?
    Monte live coverage was fully supported by Automobile Club de Monaco if I am not mistaken. Maybe there was some kind of condition by Monte that they still want to keep the full TV coverage even if they are in WRC but WRC has its promoter already, so that is why it took so long to reach to some kind of agreement. Lets see what happens..
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti
    It's good they concentrate not on outside of Europe, WRC there attempts are always good they have to start there! In IRC not and that's better for the teams who have smaller budget but still can have some nice result in the championship!
    On the other side, it is named Intercontinental Rally Challenge and the rallies this year are only in Europe. I prefer than the name International Rally Challenge or International Rally Championship if they aren't going outside Europe anymore in the future.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Monte live coverage was fully supported by Automobile Club de Monaco if I am not mistaken. Maybe there was some kind of condition by Monte that they still want to keep the full TV coverage even if they are in WRC but WRC has its promoter already, so that is why it took so long to reach to some kind of agreement. Lets see what happens..
    Thought so that there was a reason for that.

Eurosport will not be the one who will broadcast that, MotorsTV could be they only show motorsport what means they don't have to many agreements to put 10 hours of live rally in it.

It would be cool to see IRC Monte live in Eurosport and WRC live in Motors (dreaming) :-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What about the Arcit Lapland Rally?
    As an IRC Supporter Event it would make sense.
    Like this year the Mecsek Rallye in Hungary.

Pirelli tires must be used in all Finnish rallies. It does not work for IRC. The contract ends in 2012 if I am not mistaken, so, until then there is no chance unfortunately.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh,
    Ok thank's for the answer bluuford
    It was just an idea.