Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Question 2012 IRC Calendar

With Monte Carlo out, and if you could decide, what rallies should be part of the 2012 calendar ?

What kind of split should it have btw gravel, asfalt and snow ?

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    I thought they would combine WRC and IRC ? Didn't read to much into it so it could be only WRC and that would be a shame.

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti
    I thought they would combine WRC and IRC ? Didn't read to much into it so it could be only WRC and that would be a shame.
    It will be only WRC, IRC is out of the picture, at least for Monte. But there are enough other good rally's to keep the championship alive. Pitty that MC is no longer part of it, but so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe
    It will be only WRC, IRC is out of the picture, at least for Monte. But there are enough other good rally's to keep the championship alive. Pitty that MC is no longer part of it, but so be it.
    Just read it Walter, a pity indeed and I think MC will be in the weekend again, Mouton was probably begging on her knees to get them back :-/

They need to find some new nice winter opener for the season.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    There shouldn't be shortage of events that would be interested in IRC, I think. What about combining more ERC with IRC - Valais, Antibes or the 2012 ERC opener Jänner rally - it's wintry. Last Friday's WMSC had some decision made on upscaling ERC's quality as well, so perhaps not.

If I'd get to pick any rallies (out of WRC) to be on IRC calender, at least Corsica should stay, Ypres and Barum definitely (any talk on 2012 Barum date, see WRC Germany is week later in 2012), Sanremo (if out of WRC), Poland should make for an interesting gravel rally, South-Estonian Rally should do as well. If a 12-event calender, I'd like to see one winter event (be it MC like tarmac or true Scandinavian gravel road winter rally), 4-5 gravel rallies (one or two before season mid-point) and rest on different kind of tarmac.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Last time the discussion was going on they told that IRC and WRC both will be there.

Other than that, Madeira, Canarias, Cyprus, Corsica, Acores are nice events, but I hope to see more events on the mainland and maybe outside Europe as well.
    Canarias is a beautiful Island with good connection to continent and it had really nice entry as well (last year it was not so good). At the same time Acores and Maderia, same country and they kind of compete with each other. Last year there were only 6 S2000 finishers in Acores and 5 S2000 finishers in top 10 in Maderia (well, there were more S2000 finishers but they were way off the pace). I like Acores more, because of its unique gravel stages.
    Cyprus had also very bad entry list but they had good sponsor and this golden stage idea was nice. I think that such a rough gravel is not very good for S2000 class.

So, snow event is needed and maybe some smooth gravel as well, currently it is too much of tarmac (only 2 proper gravel rallies). Finns still have this Pirelli contract and as far as I understand, Swedes and Norwegians are trying to compile some kind of double effort for WRC, so there are not much winter events to choose right now. Maybe Estonia and Latvia should make also double effort for IRC winter rally (Gulbene + Võru winter rally), or Russia (last visit was not so successful, so, it has a lot of difficulties as well) or Poland (It might be hard to find proper snow conditions).
    So, other thing is that IRC needs to broaden a bit to the Northern Europe as well.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

For smooth gravel Estonia or Poland would be good or even a Finish rally or like some years ago included in the ERC South Swedish Rally. IRC has alot of tarmac and WRC alot of gravel so it's not so bad.

Liked 133 Times in 62 Posts
    People in Poland have only target, be in WRC Calendar but i don't know why. Gentelman in FIA don't want Rally Poland in calendar so why they don't want to be a part of IRC?

Maybe Mille Miglia will be in the calendar?

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti
    For smooth gravel Estonia or Poland would be good or even a Finish rally or like some years ago included in the ERC South Swedish Rally. IRC has alot of tarmac and WRC alot of gravel so it's not so bad.
    South Swedish rally would be an excellent idea. I have visited this event on a couple of occasions and i must say that i was very charmed by their stages.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    bluuford: I'm sure Barum date will be set to avoid collision with Deutschland, so most likely Barum will be a week sooner.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump