Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The BTCC Blame Game

Hello all,

You may or may not know, a couple of years ago I created a YouTube 'show' called the Blame Game, allowing people to decide who was at fault in crashes that took place in online racing.

Today, I announce a real-life version - The BTCC Blame Game! It's a light-hearted look at some of my favourite incidents in the BTCC in the 90s. The first episode involves John Cleland and Patrick Watts in 1995. Give it a watch and tell me what you think, and vote for who you think is to blame!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaeixklIw2M

I'm not trying to cause controversy, I just wanted to highlight some of my favourite moments from the BTCC in an interactive way
    BTCCCrazy.co.uk

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Ah 1995 what a great season! A great quality field and the cars had just enough level of aero etc not to spoil the racing!

Id say this incident was Watts fault as he just looked too fast into the left hander going wide and across the front of Cleland!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Racing incident, 50/50, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Ah 1995 what a great season! A great quality field and the cars had just enough level of aero etc not to spoil the racing!
    Forgive me for going off topic, but while '95 was a fantastic season, we ought not to forget that most (if not all) of the best races that year were run in the wet. Some of the dry rounds, like all of those at Donington, were deadly dull.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I loved '95, but having just gone through the review on VHS to get footage for this series, I must agree that there were some classics but some pretty boring races as well. But still, '95 is one of my favourites, which is why I chose it to begin this series!

As for it being 50/50, I didn't add the option but I may do in future - in the old version of the Blame Game you were allowed to vote for racing incident.
    BTCCCrazy.co.uk

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I went for Clelend. He went for the inside line when he knew Watts was on his inside, he should have given him some space.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Nah, Watts was just desperately trying to hold onto a place that he wasn't going to keep, his car was never going to make it round that corner.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Arrr.. I cant get youtube at work. I love giving my opinion on racing incidents, esspecially in the BTCC!!

1995 i loved due to the new regs regarding the use of large rear wings and the spiltters. Its also the year that 'the legend' JC won the championship

Cant rememeber the incident, will have to look later.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The voting is RIDICULOUSLY close at the moment, probably the closest episode of the Blame Game ever! That highlights the fact that there should have been a 'racing incident' option.
    BTCCCrazy.co.uk

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Nice little idea you have running there Mp3 Astra. I've been meaning to make some voice-over video documentary-esque projects for fun. What program do you use to do the voice-over layer on the video?

After briefly looking at the video, it does look like John rammed into the back of Watts. I don't think it was intentional but if the blame had to be pointed at someone, Cleland seems the more likely candidate.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Patrick Watts was doing the same hillclimb as me at Wiscombe Park on Saturday (he was in an Allard). I didn't really speak to him but my old man had a natter and he seemed like a thoroughly good bloke. A proper enthusiast and he wanted to know all sorts about everyone and their cars, made quite an effort to go round and speak to people which was nice to see....makes me feel a bit guilty for blaming him
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.