Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rules for 2013

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Also, why do they want to reduce the drag co-efficient? Wont this make slipstreaming more difficult?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Making the wings smaller might allow drivers to follow cloe so we don't need DRS.
    Well it can't hurt. It was very impressive to see how close the guys could stay through turn eight in 'dirty air', so perhaps the DRS could then be freed up for everyone to use if we loose that issue.

I doubt it though. The squints are just too damn smart and will claw back all the lost downforce in a few years putting us back at square one. I'm a bit disappointed they haven't followed through on the GE.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Also, why do they want to reduce the drag co-efficient? Wont this make slipstreaming more difficult?
    It's more the churned up air mid corner that causes the probs. Hell, I've had a decent tow off a stock touring car back in the day, and they have Drag of less than 0.3 if I recall correctly. Any tow is useable if you are a few car lengths back - not so much if you are over a second away.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    It's more the churned up air mid corner that causes the probs. Hell, I've had a decent tow off a stock touring car back in the day, and they have Drag of less than 0.3 if I recall correctly. Any tow is useable if you are a few car lengths back - not so much if you are over a second away.
    And I guess that lower drag will increase the braking distances, making overtaking easier?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!