Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Shalafi, I don't think that if he was faster he would have beaten this lap, or not by much - I guess that he would have made SEVERAL laps by 1.25, instead of two, which would have made his rivals look stupid. But why risking the car? What I liked about Kimi yesterday is that he was fast as good ol' Kimi we all know and love, but smart as M Shumacher.
    I hope that the car will remain dominating, because Rakkonen deserves it.
    I agree 100%!
    --==MIKKO==--

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Shalafi, I don't think that if he was faster he would have beaten this lap, or not by much - I guess that he would have made SEVERAL laps by 1.25, instead of two, which would have made his rivals look stupid. But why risking the car? What I liked about Kimi yesterday is that he was fast as good ol' Kimi we all know and love, but smart as M Shumacher.
    I hope that the car will remain dominating, because Rakkonen deserves it.
    Yes, for sure...that was what I ment. Im not thinking that he could of driven some 1.23 laps... Because those 1.25 laps comparing to others were absolutely stunning. 1s/lap in F1 is completely different level of driving. And yes, its so nice to see him driving cleverly when all these years people have just said that he doesnt know anything but drive full-out and breaking cars because of that. Its just that he had no choice before because car has not been good enough. Now it is and he can really control races "MS-like"...
    - Sinun paras ottaa sanomalehti mukaan, sillä kärjessä tulee olemaan tylsää.
    Red Bull -tallin Mark Webber vihjasi Kimi Räikköselle ennen Australian GP:tä. 19.3.2007.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Felipe tries hard, but ultimately he thrives on confidence and is much more succeptible to pressure than Kimi and it showed.

Unlike what some expert commentators think, I don't think Felipe will be in the title race for the reason that he is going to be psychologically weakened when beaten this year. Hence I'll predict that he'll have a year similar to Fisi last year.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Felipe tries hard, but ultimately he thrives on confidence and is much more succeptible to pressure than Kimi and it showed.

Unlike what some expert commentators think, I don't think Felipe will be in the title race for the reason that he is going to be psychologically weakened when beaten this year. Hence I'll predict that he'll have a year similar to Fisi last year.
    People do expect a lot of him this year but I don't think he will take much if anything away from Kimi
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Lost somewhere in all the (deserved) hoopla surrounding Hamilton's performance was the fact that Kimi was comforably quickest in qualifying and his fastest lap was 1s faster than anyone else. That's impressive, and worrying for the opposition.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Lost somewhere in all the (deserved) hoopla surrounding Hamilton's performance was the fact that Kimi was comforably quickest in qualifying and his fastest lap was 1s faster than anyone else. That's impressive, and worrying for the opposition.
    Indeed, I have a nasty feeling from a race spectacle point of view this season may get very boring.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    I remembered Kimi said he went off track because he was looking at something else.... that's what i called total commitment
    Forza Jules! Forza Michael!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longisland
    I remembered Kimi said he went off track because he was looking at something else.... that's what i called total commitment
    Mmmm ...he could have ended up in the wall like Albers.

Commitment, or a lack of concentration?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    If you wonder, why Massa didn't rise quicker, then Albert Park is one of the toughest circuits for overtaking.

And as you are talking about Massa's weak psychology, then... I don't remember him making any mistakes, so these conclusions might have been made a bit early.

And as you were talking about Q1, then it was seen that Massa took the lap very easily - he was almost lazy in the last corners to surely finish the lap without errors and just qualify into Top16. It seemed that he took it more easily in Q1 than Kimi.

And about the laptimes of race - Massa was on one-stopper. In a heavy car it was difficult to overtake and it was tough to make a very fast lap with worn tires later on.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Ferraris advantage really isnt as big as it seemed, McLaren in reality is very little off of their pace (maybe 2-3 tenths).
    Massa was stuck all day long, if he had managed to start from the front of the grid with equal strategy he would have beaten Kimi, but due to the gearbox problems that was obviously impossible.
    "signature room for rent"