Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    I thought KR, and FM both drove very calculated races. Drawing any competitive conclusions between the two is a little premature. With the very real prospect of KR having to change engines we may not see them go head to head in Malaysia. I am interested to see if Kimi uses the same strategy as FM If he does change engines! Or in true Kimi style go hard from the start on a two stop strategy. Of course all of this is mute if he doesn,t have to change engines
    That’s something I had in my mind too. How good is Ferrari Engines?

But I don’t think Kimi will need to changes engine in Sepang, because I think he had a comparative smooth and easy race in Melbourne and was able to save engine at least on the second half of it. But if he is forced to do it, I think he will however be fighting of the podium places; so it will be a full speed from start to end - if I know him right. And if he doesn’t make any bigger mistakes, he really has a realistic chance to the podium. And however it will be easier for him to be awake (in Melbourne he almost made a mistake, because his radio didn’t work and he had no one to speak with and keep him awake). And of course I hope the engine will be ok during the whole race but as usually, it is a long race and one can never know.

According to JT it’s not even time to bring up for discussion, that one of the drivers should be regarded as a “first one”. And that’s how I like it – at least at the present time. One can only hope that the drivers have a good time together and work hard for the teams’ best in their minds.
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jas123f1
    That’s something I had in my mind too. How good is Ferrari Engines?

But I don’t think Kimi will need to changes engine in Sepang, because I think he had a comparative smooth and easy race in Melbourne and was able to save engine at least on the second half of it.
    Looks can be deceiving check this link!
    http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...26102335.shtml
    Evidently the engine wasn't damaged, and coolant wasn't leaking from the engine! You do have to wonder though. Don't be surprisd if Kimi's engine goes
    Kablamo!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought KR, and FM both drove very calculated races. Drawing any competitive conclusions between the two is a little premature. With the very real prospect of KR having to change engines we may not see them go head to head in Malaysia. I am interested to see if Kimi uses the same strategy as FM If he does change engines! Or in true Kimi style go hard from the start on a two stop strategy. Of course all of this is mute if he doesn,t have to change engines
    I couldn't agree more!

Even though I am a hardcore fan of Kimi, I will not make any further assumptions of their relative performances based on the first race. I think Kimi was impressive and Massa drove a solid race, but I didn't see the fireworks in his driving. However, that has happened to Kimi as well every now and then - so one race really don't count all that much.

Although I hope that Kimi's engine won't need changing - wouldn't it be a treat though? Fisi might not enjoy seeing Kimi in his mirrors during closing laps - it might trigger some memories...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Evidently the engine wasn't damaged, and coolant wasn't leaking from the engine! You do have to wonder though. Don't be surprisd if Kimi's engine goes
    Kablamo!
    Ferrari has had plenty of time to cech the engine for any damage - so they will most certainly change it, if there is any danger of retirement.

They know as well as we here that even with a ten place penalty it is highly possible that Kimi takes a podium - so the point deficit would be less dramatic than in the case of retirement.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kimi, with a new engine, from 11th or 12th on the grid? No problem! The kid rocks, he'll be challenging for the top podium spot, for sure.
    J

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Kablamo!
    Yes - that's bad news, I hope only that team is realistic and don't take too big risk, its better to changes the engine and let Kimi start from 10th or 11th place than retire after half distance.
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If they have to change the engine, KR will give spectators great show as he climbs from 11th place to podium.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted
    If they have to change the engine, KR will give spectators great show as he climbs from 11th place to podium.
    That’s my expectation too, everything for the sport.