Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We almost saw ourselves a beheading!

All these new threads so I'm sorry if this has been discussed already and feel free to merge it . . . . but did you see that onboard shot of DC flying over Wutz's car????

Am I being exaggerated when I say that this could have easily been a fatal accident?

F1 has surely gotten safer when it comes to cars flipping over, rolling a couple of times and the driver gets out unharmed . . . . but this case with a flying car missing the drives head by inches, very scary indeed and nothing much that could have prevented it other than having the driver protected by a steel roof -which is not the design intended for an open wheeled F1 car.

Thank goodness that all is well and that something is leaned after that close call.

mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Yes he was lucky he didn't lose his head, but also his hands! Its a good job he pulled them in, it was very close, and I wouldn't be surprised it there's damage on the steering wheel!
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    Am I being exaggerated when I say that this could have easily been a fatal accident?
    I don't think so. It really looked like it could have been, with worse luck.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was really scary watching the onboard, very close. Could have ended tragically.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    DC was a bit too optimistic on that move and, as he said himself, was carrying way too much speed into the corner. From the onboard camera and the nature of his move, it seemed like Wurz didn't know DC was coming down on the inside.

Ok, so fair play to DC for putting his hand up and admitting to being in the wrong but he's very lucky that it didn't end up a lot worse. The Red Bull came very close to ripping Wurz's head off and I really wouldn't have liked to think what state the F1 fanclub would have been in. And DC too, with something like that on his conscience.

There is always a risk of injury in the sport and, even though the level of safety in the sport is very much "up to date", it is impossible to avoid fatal accidents at any cost. With so many ranges of different possibilities of crashes and accidents, it's very difficult to eradicate them all without compromising something else.

It's not often that this kind of accident happens but it's not difficult for it to happen again. It's all down to the driver in DC's position to ensure that a scapegoat isn't made of the other driver and make a sensible decision.

That's my thoughts on it anyway.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    David has a looong history of stupid moves ... I hope this is his last year because he's always a danger for everybody in the circus. Step out soon please !

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Watching the onboard in slow motion it's scary just how close Wurz's left hand came to DC's car
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yep! I think Wurz was centimeters away from losing his left hand!
    Lucky accident this time, kinda hard to find safety measures for this rare accidents(besides putting roofs of F1 cars).
    and yet another incident caused by Coulthard...
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    DC seems to be having accidents akin to pensioners' "pressing the accelerator instead of the brake". Maybe its time he was pensioned off!
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was a stupid move from Coulthard, but I guess these things happen. Though mostly to him.
    The accident didn't look that bad at first view, possibly as it was immediately clear everyone was ok. But even if Wurz losing his head might have been unlikely, him losing his hand certainly wouldn't be, and I wouldn't have ruled out either seeing the on-board footage. I hope we don't get accidents like that again.