Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aero Kits

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uncommonsense52
    RB doesn't have to listen to them, this isn't CART.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    On one hand I can see their arguement, but on my dominant hand, I don't give a $#it. There is already a new chassis to learn, and the variables of three new engines next year. Sure, it would be challenging to determine where a performance advantage lies. Is it the engine, or the preparation of the chassis, or just the driver. And then there is cost. Apparently Dallara has been guaranteed they will be selling complete cars including aero. They have production capacity and lord knows they can keep up with the demand for body parts but so what. blah blah blah. Back off of including the aero bits wihtthe chassis and allow the teams to buy their kit straight off if $75K is a budget buster. This is supposed to be the Big Leagues. If they are afraid of choosing hte wrong aero, or if they are that tight on budget, maybe FIL or FF2000 should be their future.

I think this is a bull$#it. If they don't want to use an alternative aero kit, then DON'T buy one. I'd bet money JV knows Lotus doesn't have the wallet to cover its mouth, Penske already knows something about the development of Honda's aero kit and can already see that Chevy won't be competetive. I agree with Mike Hull 100%, I'm freakin tired of spec racing.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    The ICS has a lot ridding on the changes due in 2012. If any of the changes don't come to fruition it will just lead to more people stating that the ICS is failing...and could you blame them?

Somebody needs to tell the owners that some of us are getting sick and tired of their entitlement attitudes. If you can't afford to pay you can't afford to play. When the chassis details were announced last year where were their complaints?

I would much prefer 12-16 solidly supported cars with good drivers than the 24-26 cars with more than 1/2 on shoe string budgets driven by hacks we have now.

So you wnat to see Penske, Ganassi and who Andretti or Newman Haas on track....? IMHO, a series with 12-16 car fields is pathetic and you will find quickly no one will watch or care. Look at Grand AM and ALMS P1. put either series on the track alone with out the GT classes filling the track and zzzzzz...
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    On one hand I can see their arguement, but on my dominant hand, I don't give a $#it. There is already a new chassis to learn, and the variables of three new engines next year. Sure, it would be challenging to determine where a performance advantage lies. Is it the engine, or the preparation of the chassis, or just the driver. And then there is cost. Apparently Dallara has been guaranteed they will be selling complete cars including aero. They have production capacity and lord knows they can keep up with the demand for body parts but so what. blah blah blah. Back off of including the aero bits wihtthe chassis and allow the teams to buy their kit straight off if $75K is a budget buster. This is supposed to be the Big Leagues. If they are afraid of choosing hte wrong aero, or if they are that tight on budget, maybe FIL or FF2000 should be their future.

I think this is a bull$#it. If they don't want to use an alternative aero kit, then DON'T buy one. I'd bet money JV knows Lotus doesn't have the wallet to cover its mouth, Penske already knows something about the development of Honda's aero kit and can already see that Chevy won't be competetive. I agree with Mike Hull 100%, I'm freakin tired of spec racing.
    well said...
    Formula 1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    So you wnat to see Penske, Ganassi and who Andretti or Newman Haas on track....?
    Isn't that pretty much what we have now with most of the rest being just grid fillers? When was the last time someone who didn't drive for one of those teams won a race?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can see Randy telling the owners that they are more than welcome to use the Dallara body kits that come with the cars, but whomever wants to use the Honda kit (that I am sure will be ready come May 2012) will be more than welcome to use it. If any other players enter the aerokit playground, and are ready, they would be an option for May 2012 as well.

Randy has put all his eggs in this basket in a sense, he will not let a bunch of spoiled kids get their way this time.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    The ICS has a lot ridding on the changes due in 2012. If any of the changes don't come to fruition it will just lead to more people stating that the ICS is failing...and could you blame them?
    And there will be some (cough, anthonyvpop, cough) who will say that regardless of what they do.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Randy, If you read this thread... Stay the course. The kits need to be there along with the new chassis and engines. Your new car and series will be fall into question if you don't stay the course. Owners may be spending the money but the fans drive the interest of the owner's sponsors who put the money in the owner's bank. The fans have spoken more than once on what they want. Stay the course.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I agree, don't backpedal on the Aero options. We're alwaays going to have the haves and have nots. RP's simply been forced to learn the tune of the have nots lately, he doesn't like not having that unfair advantage, and he doesn't see enough of an advantage starting out at square one like everyone else.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am repeating an idea from Mark C. on AR1 here: Have Dallara sell the car without an aero kit for $70K less for those that want to run an aero kit from a different source.