Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Caterham F1 team?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90907

Well, If team Lotus are gonna need to change their name after the court case, it may well be to Caterham if this is true.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    There are a few things to take from this potential, not least the opportunity to be called Caterham if they lose the court case.

Also, if they win, it would mean that the "Team Lotus" and "Caterham" names were under one ownership, both entities have a lot of history with Colin Chapman

It would mean that Team Lotus etc or whatever they are called would be a bona fide car maker as well as F1 team, which is quite a big deal in the scheme of the squabble with Group Lotus.

and in the long run, (IMO) i could see it paving the way for a 1 Malaysia, Team Lotus, Caterham buyout of Group Lotus if (when) Proton get tired of spending billions on Danny Bahars expansion plans and decide to pull the plug. Thus reuniting Group Lotus, Team Lotus and Caterham (who are of course famous for the Caterham 7, which was the build based on the rights to the original Lotus 7 on which Champmans road car company was based) and Tony Fernandes plans for world domination continue by pretty much taking over Norfolk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Its certainly a win/win situation if this is true.

And not just from a Team Lotus POV. Caterham are great at what they do (building 7's) but I've always felt there is so much potential in the company, but they got a kick in the nuts when the 21 was an epic flop, and have only now started to expand their product range again.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    if this was the first lotus this may give teamlotus more rights to use lotus then lotus to use lotus
    http://www.caterham.co.uk/assets/html/about.html
    In his wildest dreams, I doubt Colin Chapman would have thought his lightweight sportscar would last half a Century, that it would still be a benchmark for performance and handling, be sold in over 20 countries worldwide and provide unrivalled opportunities in motorsport. The Caterham Seven has achieved all of this and more.

It may be 50 years old in spirit, but the Seven will always be a work in progress. Consequently, we don't stand still. It's not in our nature, nor that of the car. The history of the Seven reads as an annual catalogue of technical development, innovation and functional design; this year is no different and rest assured next year we will stretch the envelope even further. There is so much we want to do limited only by the number of hours in the day - if the passion and commitment of our staff is anything to go by!

Any motoracing driver will tell you that success is a function of a team's dynamic and cohesion - Caterham is no different. We're extremely proud of our position as custodians of the Seven, and with it the unique Britishness and heritage of the car itself.

But ultimately our objective is quite straightforward. There really is no better satisfaction for me than seeing the face of someone stepping out of a Caterham Seven having driven it for the first time. The picture is unequalled anywhere and in anything else. Had fun? You bet you did! Do it again? You bet you will!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Chapman

1957 that things really took off, and indeed Caterham Cars still manufacture a version of that car today – the Caterham 7; there have been over 90 different Lotus 7 clones, replicas, and derivatives offered to the public by a variety of makers.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://en.espnf1.com/lotus/motorsport/story/46803.html
    Lotus had said it would be making "an incredibly exciting announcement about the future of our team" next week, and documents show that Mr Anthony Francis Fernandes was appointed as a director of Caterham Cars Group Limited on April 12
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I'm starting to think Tony Fernandes is an utter tool with his business model: start & run F1 team and associate with an iconic manufacturer

But that's me being cynical.

Whilst it would be nice for Caterham to aim high, there's something wrong with Caterham being associated with F1. Those who have paddock passes and get to walk on the dummy grid want a shiny emmaculate Ferrari, AMG specials, good build quality; 7s are for purists - one of my sister's ex's dumped her and his Scooby WRX for a 7!