Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    being probably the best tilkedrom it's only natural to be the first to leave.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Bernie is not misusing any rights. He is making deals in the way he always has done, and which the FIA has previously agreed to. The current FIA President may not like it but there is little or nothing he can do at present. Things may change when the Concorde Agreement comes up for renewal at the end of 2012, and between now and then we may well have a 'war of words' between the various parties involved.
    Yeah sure, what next? Bernie is the master of the Universe?!
    Don't forget that F1 is a FIA championship and not a Bernie championship, so Bernie might get a slap over the wrist sooner than he believes it now that Todt isn't doing the part like Max was doing it.
    As most people know contracts can be broken or nullified.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I should hope Todt would pick his battles a bit more carefully. Whilst I have no desire to see Turkey go, it is hardly a well supported event, in the greater scheme of things it wouldn't be badly missed.

If our president wants a fight with Bernie the lack of a French GP should be his first.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    I should hope Todt would pick his battles a bit more carefully. Whilst I have no desire to see Turkey go, it is hardly a well supported event, in the greater scheme of things it wouldn't be badly missed.

If our president wants a fight with Bernie the lack of a French GP should be his first.
    Todt should use any of Bernie's misdemeanors to get him under fire and not let him breathe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    its pathetic by bernie. simply pathetic.

Its a great track and given that the crowds were dwindling ( probably because of ticket prices) he chooses to double the fee to an absurd $26 million.
    Meanwhile Germany and Spa managed to reduce their fee's and that was accepted.

Time for these tracks to say enough is enough, form a union and force bernie to reduce the rates.
    If he doesn't like it then he can figure out how to host 20 GP's in the middle east and asia.

It is time for bernie and his thieving money laundering cohorts to exit the scene and allow a reasonable party to negotiate the fees.

All bernie is doing is trying to get his own cut out of the event regardless if it is a success or a failure. Then employs ridiculous tactics like this to effectively make the GP leave so he can bring in another one willing to pay his absurd rates.

He knew all along that Turkey would never go for double the fee and he simply wanted them gone.

simply pathetic
    If the fees are lowered, the teams get less money which is not good for F1, so it's not quite as simple as that. Maybe Bernie demanded more money because he himself saw that the race really had no future because nobody is interested in it in Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Good point. Valencia is such a big waste of time. Why didn't that track get axed?
    It will in a couple of years at the latest once the F1 boom in Spain is finished.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Yeah sure, what next? Bernie is the master of the Universe?!
    Don't forget that F1 is a FIA championship and not a Bernie championship, so Bernie might get a slap over the wrist sooner than he believes it now that Todt isn't doing the part like Max was doing it.
    As most people know contracts can be broken or nullified.
    Bernie is currently master of the F1 universe, however since the (IMHO) welcome departure of Max as FIA President his position is not as comfortable as it once was. You're right that F1 is a FIA Championship and for the last 20yrs or so the FIA has been very hands off when it comes to running the sport, Max being happy to leave it to Bernie. Todt doesn't have the same approach so things are going to change.

Bernie worked very hard to reduce the influence of the FIA when it came to F1, and was very successful in doing so with Max's help, so he's unlikely to take kindly to the FIA reasserting itself.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    If the fees are lowered, the teams get less money which is not good for F1, ....
    Are the venue fees shared amongst the teams? I thought the only source of revenues for the teams is from television broadcast rights?
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Bernie is currently master of the F1 universe, however since the (IMHO) welcome departure of Max as FIA President his position is not as comfortable as it once was. You're right that F1 is a FIA Championship and for the last 20yrs or so the FIA has been very hands off when it comes to running the sport, Max being happy to leave it to Bernie. Todt doesn't have the same approach so things are going to change.

Bernie worked very hard to reduce the influence of the FIA when it came to F1, and was very successful in doing so with Max's help, so he's unlikely to take kindly to the FIA reasserting itself.
    There is not much Bernie can do if the FIA decides to be more involved with how F1 is being run. Which only proves he's no master of anything else but his own mouth, he doesn't even own the rights to F1 anymore anyway.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Are the venue fees shared amongst the teams? I thought the only source of revenues for the teams is from television broadcast rights?
    That's what I thought too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good riddance! A track so perversely entertaining has no buisness hosting Formula One.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd