Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Agree as well, brilliant stuff.

People have and still are critizing Pirelli, but I always wanted to wait until the season started to make my opinion and not just rattle off some pre-F1 bias towards them.

I think the 3 races thus far have been great and while I know there is a chance of a few issues later in the season (i.e Canada), I am happy with Pirelli so far.

I have watched F1 for 20 years this year and have no problems with whats happening this season.

Roll on Turkey.

Oh and Thank You Sonic (For the Thread)
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Agree as well, brilliant stuff.

Oh and Thank You Sonic (For the Thread)
    Mutual appreciation society
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I think todays Grand Prix was probably the best dry race I've seen since Japan 2005.
    Due to rain in quali.

Big test will be the next year or so when/if we get uniform strategies, as when we got refuelling in the 1990s and race-fuel-quali in the mid-2000s.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Big test will be the next year or so when/if we get uniform strategies
    This is true, once everyone figures out the best strategy for each track, I think the current level of 'chaos' is going to subside. But...

I completely agree with this thread. Brilliant race, the best dry race since Suzuka 2005, and that was the result of rain in Quali.

Pirelli has been brilliant. My respect and appreciation for this company has grown tenfold since they stuck to their guns and produced tyres that were dangerous, marketing wise. I think they've shown that they are true racing company.

Also, the DRS is growing on me. Hats off to FIA for trying this radically new idea.

Also hats off to drivers. What race craft. To have so much overtaking and still finish with 23 drivers on the track... amazing!
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Big test will be the next year or so when/if we get uniform strategies, as when we got refuelling in the 1990s and race-fuel-quali in the mid-2000s.
    This will be the real test of these rules/tyres. There is reason for optimisim though. Webber was able to pass cars on the same tyres and pitstop strategy so it wasn't simply a case of those on a two-stopper getting rogered by those on a three-stopper.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 49 Times in 31 Posts
    Well, pirelli could just mess with the tyres next year too.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Now that brought back some fond memories of F1 gone by. Best race for the last 15 or so years, without a doubt

They need to ditch the DRS system though, it is so gimmicky and pathetic I want to puke ick: Bring on Turkey
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.